What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you delete useless icons??

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how can I delete icons for stupid useless junk like photo booth?

The squiggly icon thing doesn't work as that icon never shows the X to delete it?

~John

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
If it doesn't show it then I am thinking you can't delete it ~ let's see what others chime in with!

I'm really hoping that's not the case (although if it is, I can certainly understand why people hate apple)

~John

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't delete any of the Apple apps that it came with. If you don't want to see them, stick them in a folder somewhere out of the way.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a jailbreak app to delete (or hide) the apple apps. Don't know what the app is called though

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be great if jb was available for the ipad2 (personally, I can't wait until it is)

~John

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not an Apple thing... It's a technology thing. You can't delete the NASCAR app from a Sprint Evo either.

It would be nice to have a Settings option to hide icons for stuff you didn't use, but I'm not so bothered that I'd jailbreak.

rabidtoad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All bloatware on htc evo, including nascar, can be removed or frozen after a good rooting.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dislike ugly icons and was most annoyed when I couldn't delete stock apple icons like YouTube Notes etc. So they got banished to a folder as far to the rear as I could throw them.

Happily I need never look at their foul features again. I really though apple could do better in icon design.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you Jailbreak, you can use SBSettings and hide any icons you don't like on your Springboard.

FREE MY iPAD2 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the jailbreak app you would want to use is "Poof." It easily and quickly hides applications. You browse through the alphabetized list, turn off the icon, re-spring and poof! :)D)...the icon is gone.

Of course, the key term here is jailbreak, as you've got to have a jailbroken iPad to get Poof. Until you do jailbreak (or if you don't want to), the only option is hiding them away in a folder on a screen far, far away ...

Marilyn

Most reactions