What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting apps that are running in backgound

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if these apps are actually running in the background or not but...
When you double click the home button real quick you get to see all the apps that are apparently running - am I correct?
Anyway, the way to stop them from running is by deleting them - correct?
And the way to delete icons (apps) is to click and hold your finger on the icon till it starts to wiggle and an "X" comes up on the corner and then click on it again and it should be gone.
With this new upgrade, I can't delete these icons. I can click and hold on the icon but I cannot get it to wiggle so I can delete it.
Is there a way around this or am I doing it wrong?
On the ordinary screen this method works perfectly but to delete background apps it won't allow me to
Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add: you'll see something like this now (in iOS 7) when you double click the home button:

u9ume3uq.jpg

As MoonlitSonata says - just touch a "card" and swipe up. Poof! They're gone.

Marilyn

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh - thank you very much - I just learned something today.
Who says "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" (and I mean an old dog) haha
Thank you very much for your help

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just want to say thank you again for your help. It worked just like you said - thank you

Most reactions