What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did IPF start?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The lead seems to start with iDan, but I haven't gotten any further

Who is iDan? What year would this be, last or year before last?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPadForums.net was originally started as iSlateForums.net when Apple Tablet rumors were first going around. Being huge technology nerds, we were very excited about the next wave of tablets (Android and Apple) that were coming out and wanted to develop a good resource for Apple Tablet owners. During the first announcement of the Apple iPad we quickly changed the name and iPadForums.net was born.

As you can see with this post, I was one of the first to pre-order the iPad 1:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/531-official-ipad-pre-order-list-2.html#post3231

We have a lot of fun running the site and have since expanded with the recent addition of iPhoneForums.net. We have developed many good friends on the forum and look forward to the future!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDan said:
iPadForums.net was originally started as iSlateForums.net when Apple Tablet rumors were first going around. Being huge technology nerds, we were very excited about the next wave of tablets (Android and Apple) that were coming out and wanted to develop a good resource for Apple Tablet owners. During the first announcement of the Apple iPad we quickly changed the name and iPadForums.net was born.

As you can see with this post, I was one of the first to pre-order the iPad 1:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/531-official-ipad-pre-order-list-2.html#post3231

We have a lot of fun running the site and have since expanded with the recent addition of iPhoneForums.net. We have developed many good friends on the forum and look forward to the future!

Wow, thanks iDan! That was interesting reading! I missed out on the initial rush because the price sort of put me off! I'd just bought an iPhone 3GS in February.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides, you two are such spoilsports! Why didn't you just say, instead of making me guess or go back onto the website again and get all confused!!! Has Colin got back with any information yet?

Do you see a post from Colin?:D

Edit: Now you do! ^

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See idan responded.....
Here is the list of admin and moderators that help keep the iPad forum number one world wide.

This is the current list (also shows the original moderators by join date)
Super Moderators - Have moderation access to all forums also assigned to one or more forums and they are:

Max - joined 3/2/2010
F4780,Scotland
Gentlefury- joined 3/16/2010
Hookbill
Numblock, Switzerland
Philsynowiec
Col.bris, Australia - joined 3/26/2010

---------------------/
Moderators - have access to moderate most forums : usually upgraded to Super mods after 6 months or when Admin decides.
They are;

Tim, Scotland
Dannyboy
Sweet poison
---------------
Admin/Owners - started forum 1/18/2010
Idan
Idoug
Johnnyapple

News reporter
Maura.

We operate 7/24 and rotate moderating some of us like my self live internationally I am 18 hours ahead of USA so we come in when you sleep. On average I spend 3 - 4 hours a day in this forum and iphoneforums where I am also a super mod
Hookbill also is a super moderator in 2 other Droid forums owned by the same group as ipad forums and iPhone forums

We do housekeeping like moving threads,editing posts, deleting posts that are requested by users, user name changes, applying infractions, answer messages, dealing with reported posts, banning spammers and of course providing support and help where needed our top poster is sweet poison with over 5000 posts

So there you have it
Ipad forums super team. "Simply the best"

Oh one more thing

We are all volunteers

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow!. You guys deserve a medal! Always helpful, there when you need a helping hand. Thanks for that brilliant rundown. I've always wondered who everyone was. We newbies are inquisitive you know. Thanks Colin.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
We newbies are inquisitive you know.

SweetPoison said:
Over a 1000 posts ~ does not constitute a newbie.:D

To be fair, Colin already posted the almost same response about a week ago, with Hayley having the last word in that thread, as usual. :)

And this has what to do with my response to her newbie post? Who is talking about Colin's post, here^^?

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I'm home now, who is having last say? I still consider myself a newbie with technical stuff but not with friendly banter though, you know, chatting with and making new friends! Isn't that what we do on here! Damn! Why didn't you tell me that! No wonder I get grief. Hiya, Marie! How is your day going? I'm relieved it's Friday. Oh yes, I must post in your Friday drinking thread, what happened last week? I don't you doing it, or was I so drunk, I can't remember? I love you all, don't forget that. Of course, Marie is my BFF.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, I thought it was Tim but now I'm not sure!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello iDan, first time hearing about you, and its a pleasure. Thanks for all the effort you made regarding the ipad forum. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Most reactions

Latest posts