What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's screwing with my iPad?

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hit the home button to wake up my I pad1, before I push the slide I notice there is a little flower icon on the lower left. I tap the icon and a picture of Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) shooting a gun takes over the entire screen.

1) I have no pictures that I have placed on my iPad of any kind from any source.

2) I definitely have no interest in The Rock whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!

3) My IPad is never out of my control so there is no possibility of someone I know playing a trick on me.

So how did a picture like that get into my iPad in the first place and how did that flower icon start showing up on the start up screen.

This seems to me to be a serious breach of security for apple in general & me in particular.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flower icon is there by default to start a slide show...

As far as the pic of the rock...pehaps you accidently tapped a pic and then tapped save to photo app instead of hitting cancel? I have done this a few times myself without noticing.

OP
S

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seriously, I just don't know how this could have happened.

I do not and have not looked at any pictures of The Rock or watched any of his movies.

Outl4w's suggestion would make sense to me, I do alot of unconscious things, but I have not looked at anything on the web or otherwise that had a pic of The Rock.

So it did disturb me that some program or web site did something through malware or some other way to force this into my iPad.

Just damn strange!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Seriously, I just don't know how this could have happened.

I do not and have not looked at any pictures of The Rock or watched any of his movies.

Outl4w's suggestion would make sense to me, I do alot of unconscious things, but I have not looked at anything on the web or otherwise that had a pic of The Rock.

So it did disturb me that some program or web site did something through malware or some other way to force this into my iPad.

Just damn strange!

Most problems are caused by ourselves and we could swear blind it wasn't ourselves but I'm afraid it could have been you and as long as it doesn't happen again, just delete and enjoy your iPad.

Reaction score
How about your computer/laptop, are they always under your control, too? There is a chance the photo was synced over via iTunes, if someone saved a rocks image on your PC.

Have you checked under iTunes, with the iPad being connected, that it does not sync photos?

You can turn off the Picture Frame under Settings->General->Passcode lock->Picture Frame: Off.

Btw. who comes up with these settings? There is Settings->Picture Frame, but it won't let one turn it off from there, no let's hide the setting somewhere where no one finds it. :(

Last edited:

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the iPad 1 new or used when you bought it? When you click on the Photos icon, there is seriously zero photos there?

OP
S

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
New, only in my posession, iPad1. Good idea to check my iMac. I have a roomate that uses that when I'm not a home. We may be onto something with that one. I'll check the iMac when I get home tonight.

Yes, there are no pictures on my ipad at all, I just don't do pictures.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
New, only in my posession, iPad1. Good idea to check my iMac. I have a roomate that uses that when I'm not a home. We may be onto something with that one. I'll check the iMac when I get home tonight.

Well I'm stumped. Keep us posted about what you find on your iMac.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:

Ahh! Room mates, friends and colleagues are the most conniving and secretive bunch, I expect he's done this, I was woken up at 5am in the morning one work day wondering what was wrong with my alarm clock app and didn't discover the reason until the next day when a chirping ex-colleague came up to me and said did I have a nice early start to my day? I thought my iPad was safe as well but had forgotten I was showing it to my ex- colleagues the previous week and must have taken my eye off of it for 5 seconds, the .....

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I hit the home button to wake up my I pad1, before I push the slide I notice there is a little flower icon on the lower left. I tap the icon and a picture of Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) shooting a gun takes over the entire screen.

1) I have no pictures that I have placed on my iPad of any kind from any source.

2) I definitely have no interest in The Rock whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!

3) My IPad is never out of my control so there is no possibility of someone I know playing a trick on me.

So how did a picture like that get into my iPad in the first place and how did that flower icon start showing up on the start up screen.

This seems to me to be a serious breach of security for apple in general & me in particular.

If you've never noticed the Picture Frame icon before then you have indeed never had pictures on your iPad. (It does not show up if there are no photos on your iPad.) Which means the picture of Mr. Johnson is new.

OP
S

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There he is AGAIN!!!!!!

OK, more on this. I just got my new iPad2.

So I am taking it slow to get to know my new baby. I downloaded the iPad2 manual in iBooks and went to the camera section to take it step by step. So I am reading and doing as it goes. I read how to open the camera.

I open the camera and down in the lower left corner is that same picture. Duane Johnson shooting a gun out of a car window. I've searched my iMac (that I synch to) my iPhone and the new iPad2. No Duane except in the lower left hand corner.
When I click on this small lower left hand image nothing happens and it is nowhere else in the iPad 2 I can find.

So this has to be somthing that comes imbedded in the OS for some reason. Or I'm finally officially crazy and they will be coming to take me away soon.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. Or I'm finally officially crazy and they will be coming to take me away soon.

ScaredEmoGirl.jpg

Most reactions