What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time ipad user

Aaron 86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

To be honest I'm quite sure how this is meant to work but I'm new to the ipad world and im looking to get some advise around how best to use it.

My biggest issue is iPad security!!!! I live with my friends and I'm more than happy to let them use my iPad but Im worried about the fact that they have open access to all my txt msgs, emails and contacts info. I'm aware of the passcode function which ensures they cant access my iPad without my permission. However, once unlocked is there anyway to apply a further passcode requirement for opening the applications mentioned above? As it stands my only sense of security around this issue is to effectively monitor their usage by looking over their shoulder.

Anyones assistance or thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,

uli1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

You can lock your iPad to a specific app. For example if someone wants to use your iPad to check their email, you can open up safari and then triple tap the home button to lock your iPad to just safari and then hand it over to said person. Once they are done you unlock it by triple tapping the home button again and enter your selected pass code.
To activate this function, go to the Settings app and tap on General>Accessibility>Guided Access and set it to on and choose a pass code.

I hope this helps!

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uli1 said:
Hi and welcome!

You can lock your iPad to a specific app. For example if someone wants to use your iPad to check their email, you can open up safari and then triple tap the home button to lock your iPad to just safari and then hand it over to said person. Once they are done you unlock it by triple tapping the home button again and enter your selected pass code.
To activate this function, go to the Settings app and tap on General>Accessibility>Guided Access and set it to on and choose a pass code.

I hope this helps!

Fab tip!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:*
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-6/id563272542?mt=11

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions

Latest posts