What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange (ActiveSync) third party app?

jaqob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My problem:
I don't like to enter my passcode every time i wake up the iPad. (Or rather, my wife and friend's dont necessary needs to know and enter it every time). But I would still like to have my corperate email on my iPad.
Are there any app that can handle my mail, and that asks for the passcode only when I want to access that mail account? Much like touchdown or moxier for android works?

And just to clarify, I'm not searching for a way to disable the security. I'm looking for a way to only use the passcode to access the protected data, not to unlock the ipad and play a game.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best mail app I have found, that will do what you want, is ibisMail. You can go into the settings for the app and enter a passcode. The code could be a four digit pin or a regular word based password. When you first try to access ibisMail, it would prompt you for the passcode.

I have set up my Gmail, Yahoo, and work email on ibisMail. I highly recommend it.

OP
J

jaqob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best mail app I have found, that will do what you want, is ibisMail. You can go into the settings for the app and enter a passcode. The code could be a four digit pin or a regular word based password. When you first try to access ibisMail, it would prompt you for the passcode.

I have set up my Gmail, Yahoo, and work email on ibisMail. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the answer! That is the kind of app I'm looking for, but i also need support for exchange (ActiveSync).

OP
J

jaqob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No news regarding this? It annoys me alot... (To the point of not using my iPad for one of main reasons I bought it, work mail)

Most reactions

Latest posts