What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents 2 Go crashes when I open a second document

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have I screwed something up or is this just how iOS multi-tasking works?

I go into email, have a spreadsheet attachement. I click and hold on the attachment and chose Open In, Documents 2 Go. I double tap the Home button and click on email, find another email that has a Spreadsheet attachment, tap and hold the attachment and chose Open IN, Documents 2 Go. It tries to open the Docs 2 Go app again and crashes before the document loads.

I even tried closing all the open apps and tried it again. Same results every time I open the second attachement.

I suppose I could save the attachements and try opening them through Documents to Go instead of through email. But I'm hoping there's a better solution. Isn't this thing suppose to have some level of multi-tasking?

Nate

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The most likely reason for the crash is that it's running out of RAM - how big are these files?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just tried 2 docs and works OK for me. As epb suggested, maybe the docs are too large?

OP
nateccnn

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens on any document, regardless of size. I tried it on a couple one page, simple text docs. I mean, they had some tabs at the beginning of paragraphs, but no other fancy formatting. Sounds like I may have a bad install. Is there a way to uninstall an app? Just long press and tap the X?

I also wonder...maybe I just have too many documents synced in docs to go. I have about 20 gig synced to my desktop and docs to go does take a long time to load. Maybe I need to trim that directory down.

Nate

Most reactions

Latest posts