What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forms in PDF becomes blank when viewed from the email app in ipad 3

caseyzamco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have 2 scenarios, and would love to get your advise/opinion on this:

Scenario 1 using a desktop----> a zipped attachment was sent to my email (gmail)
Steps done a. Saved the attachment
B. save it to my desktop
C. Extracted the zipped attachment and opened it with the password as given by the sender
D. Saved the PDF attachment to my local drive, I am able to open it afterwards, with all the details in the form can be seen.
Note: next to the file title is the word "secured"

Scenario 2: from desktop to ipad 3--->>I sent the PDF file ( the copy that was already stored in my local drive that was extracted) to myself via gmail
A. Launched the email app from iPad 3
B. opened the attachment
C. Showed the PDF form, but the details inside the form is no longer there, it became blank
D. I tapped on the arrow with the option to open in Adobe Reader, voila! The complete form is viewed perfectly with all the details that were filled up.

Wondering if by right we can't view secured documents from the iPad email app, or if this is a bug that could possibly be resolved by the iOS 6 upgrade.
Not sure anyone else have encountered the same.

Thank you in advanced.

Cheers!

Attachments

• image-4251768412.jpg
    image-4251768412.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 368

Richmonddjs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PDF expert and my contracts are also being read by the customer with no details of what I entered for their contract when they view it on their computer. I send them from an iPad 2. Not all customers get this, just a small few.

OP
caseyzamco

caseyzamco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richmonddjs said:
I use PDF expert and my contracts are also being read by the customer with no details of what I entered for their contract when they view it on their computer. I send them from an iPad 2. Not all customers get this, just a small few.

Hi, thanks for sharing.
We could not solve the issue, the user deduced to view it in Adobe Reader for iPad

Cheers!

Most reactions