What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail and Docs on the go

terese01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new IPad user and believe me it has made traveling a lot easier for me....however, I am having a problem with E-mail attachments and Docs on the go. Whenever I get an Email that has a scanned or attached document it always opens the attachment in the body of the E-mail instead of letting me ask to open it. I have the need to copy the attachment to Docs on the go to use it again later, however I have tried to copy it and it won't copy. I have tried saving the image and it tells me it is saved, but I can't find it. Any suggestions.

Luber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any emailed attachments can be selected and opened; tap and hold on the attachment to get the dialog that lets you pick "Quick Look" (a preview mode) or "Open In..." which lets you open it in any capable app you have installed like EverNote, DropBox, FileApp. Once there you can save or print or whatever you want to do with it.

Unfortunately (perhaps) people often say the document is attached when in fact it's copy/pasted into the body of the email. If that's the case, tap and hold to get the "Copy" dialog, select what you want to copy and copy it, then paste it into Pages, EverNote, Apple Notes app... again from there, you can edit, etc.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts