What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret jailbreaking your iPad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I meant to say was that if your iPad was jailbroken and you performed the 3.2.2 update, the jailbreak would be removed and you would be left with an iPad 100% the way Apple intended it. Every time you do an update / upgrade from Apple, it wipes out the jailbreak if there was one.

As far as not seeing any difference, you won't. The update was to "fix" a security issue with the Safari browser. There were no other "kewl" features added with this update. Those will come with iOS 4.? (whenever that is!)

Wmacky1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will anyone even bother to find a new exploit until 4.0 is released I wonder? If they find one I think they should hold back, hoping it can be used on 4.0 instead.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I meant to say was that if your iPad was jailbroken and you performed the 3.2.2 update, the jailbreak would be removed and you would be left with an iPad 100% the way Apple intended it. Every time you do an update / upgrade from Apple, it wipes out the jailbreak if there was one.

As far as not seeing any difference, you won't. The update was to "fix" a security issue with the Safari browser. There were no other "kewl" features added with this update. Those will come with iOS 4.? (whenever that is!)

Yeah I can't wait! I only install updates that do something anyway...this was just to keep up with jailbreaks...as most of the point releases are.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you! This makes a lot of sense. You know what though. Did I not just update recently? Now there is another?

Or maybe I have this one.... How do I check that again? in settings?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you did recently upgrade to 3.2.1 not too long ago, but this is a brand new update that just came out yesterday. You can check your version by plugging your iPad into your computer and starting iTunes. If yours looks like this (without the circles and arrows of course!), you need the update to 3.2.2

itunes9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded! You are so good to me, Scott!:)

I have a question, though. Surprised? Don't answer that.:eek:

Do we have to hook up to iTunes to see what version we have? Is not just going into settings on here { on our ipads } not really accurate?

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will anyone even bother to find a new exploit until 4.0 is released I wonder? If they find one I think they should hold back, hoping it can be used on 4.0 instead.

I have mine jailbroken, it's been that way for... well, since about 3 days after I got it.

I had to get a replacement, and I did a jailbreak on that, too.

I have no desire or need to upgrade to any of the mini-versions of the iPad firmware. The next update will be to 4.0 and I *MAY* upgrade before the Jailbreak is released, but the fact that I'll lose access to my extra 16gb storage via the camera connection kit may have me hold off until the JB iOS 4.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Do we have to hook up to iTunes to see what version we have? Is not just going into settings on here { on our ipads } not really accurate?
Yes, you can look up the version on your iPad without hooking it up to iTunes, but I didn't have a screen shot of that in Photobucket at the time!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You just had to make me do it!

It is under Settings | General | About

ipad20.jpg

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You grew up here? Very cool. I actually grew up in the city, San Francisco. I really did leave my heart there.:(. I miss it so much at times I can hardly breathe. What parts of Sacramento did you live in?

So your wife JB her iPad did she....shitums. I wish could just do it!

I grew up in South Sac... over by Kennedy High School.. graduated from
there in 72. I also lived in North Sac for a while. Left and went to Boise
State U. and then the world via Uncle Sam's Army.

Yes, she did and it was her first real "hacking" experience. She loves being
able to put a game in the background and read an e-mail or find something
on google. That is the only reason we have our jailbroken. We have not
updated to 3.2.2 nor will we for now.

The question is, what are you not able to do now that you think you might
be able to do if jailbroken?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just had to make me do it!
]

Yup.:D

You can get me this for my birthday!

Omg. That's hilarious!!

I grew up in South Sac... over by Kennedy High School.. graduated from
there in 72. I also lived in North Sac for a while. Left and went to Boise
State U. and then the world via Uncle Sam's Army.

Yes, she did and it was her first real "hacking" experience. She loves being
able to put a game in the background and read an e-mail or find something
on google. That is the only reason we have our jailbroken. We have not
updated to 3.2.2 nor will we for now.

The question is, what are you not able to do now that you think you might
be able to do if jailbroken?

Good for your wife! That is the question...^^ it does every thing I want now. I guess it is the mystery of it all ~ the seduction.:D

Most reactions