What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret jailbreaking your iPad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is very similar to a post on one of the Corvette forums I use. Seems there is this guy with a 19 year old Corvette and he keeps it under a cover in his garage and only drives it a couple of times a year. For some reason, many Corvette owners are actually afraid to drive their cars because they don't want to risk damaging the car or having something break. To their convoluted way of thinking, if you don't drive it, it won't break!

So anyway, this guy has an opportunity to drive it on an 800 mile road trip, but he is afraid to take his Corvette because:

a) It might rain.
b) It could get "road rash" on the nose of the car or damage from debris on the road.
c) He will have to park his car far away from where he actually needs to be so that he won't have to worry about getting door dings.

I thought the guy was nuts, but I told him not to take his Corvette since he will spend way too much time worrying about his car and not enjoying his trip.

Marie, you're they guy with the Corvette! As long as you enjoy your iPad the way Apple intended it to be, keep it that way. You'll sleep better at night. Even though I drive my 19 year old Corvette every day, rain or shine, I still enjoy my iPad "unaltered" and I am OK with that.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still enjoy my iPad "unaltered" and I am OK with that.

I am too, silly! You are so funny. I am just so curious about the JB. I will probably never do it, C.

Probably. Never.:D

Curiosity is a good thing, it makes you learn...

JB THE DANG THANG!!!
:D:p:D

lMAO!! That was hilarious! I forget, IVan, is your iPad JB? My iPad cost me $903...I used some of my bonus that we get twice a year. I would die if I did JB and killed it.:(. I so love it!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lMAO!! That was hilarious! I forget, IVan, is your iPad JB? My iPad cost me $903...I used some of my bonus that we get twice a year. I would die if I did JB and killed it.:(. I so love it!

No it isn't jb'd because I don't fiddle with it. It does what I want as it is.

I really don't think you should worry about a jb. Find yourself a coach to help you do it and enjoy it. If you can!:p

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am too, silly! You are so funny. I am just so curious about the JB. I will probably never do it, C.

Curiosity is a good thing, it makes you learn...

JB THE DANG THANG!!!
:D:p:D

You're very hard to peer pressure Marie... :p

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's because she is a counselor and it is her job to work with people who may have self-esteem issues and help them to develop a sense of self worth so they can make smart decisions on their own without worrying what other people think... I think!

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just so curious about the JB. I will probably never do it, C.

To JB or Not to JB, that is the question. I agree that it is an amazing
device as is. But, Marie, do not be afraid. I bought my wife an iPad last
week and came home to her exclaiming "Look Honey! I jailbroke my iPad"...
She is about computer illiterate as there is. She has not had a single
crash. Yes, both of ours are JB and we do use Backgrounder and
SBSettings. She likes being able to put a game or book into the
background without losing the spot she is in.

So I say to you Marie, IF it is your desire and curiosity kills the cat, bring it
back with a little satisfaction that you can restore.

BTW, I grew up in Sacramento.

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about the Jailbreak it eats the battery quicker, instead of getting 2 or 3 days out of a single charge I now get 1 on heavy use 2 on normal use, as far as bricking it, like others have said all you lose is time restoring it, I have jailbreaked mine 3 times all 3 times no issue, why 3 times first time when i got it the i upgraded to 3.2.1 jailbreaked it again then I just wanted a clean start did it a 3rd time, works like a charm.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not regret jaibreaking my iPad.... jailbrooke it the day I bought it... haha what I regret is people who do not jailbreak

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's because she is a counselor and it is her job to work with people who may have self-esteem issues and help them to develop a sense of self worth so they can make smart decisions on their own without worrying what other people think... I think!

How do know this?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To JB or Not to JB, that is the question. I agree that it is an amazing
device as is. But, Marie, do not be afraid. I bought my wife an iPad last
week and came home to her exclaiming "Look Honey! I jailbroke my iPad"...
She is about computer illiterate as there is. She has not had a single
crash. Yes, both of ours are JB and we do use Backgrounder and
SBSettings. She likes being able to put a game or book into the
background without losing the spot she is in.

So I say to you Marie, IF it is your desire and curiosity kills the cat, bring it
back with a little satisfaction that you can restore.

BTW, I grew up in Sacramento.

You grew up here? Very cool. I actually grew up in the city, San Francisco. I really did leave my heart there.:(. I miss it so much at times I can hardly breathe. What parts of Sacramento did you live in?

So your wife JB her iPad did she....shitums. I wish could just do it!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How do know this?
I don't know for sure. Being a "counselor" could mean so many things. It was just a WAG!

Most reactions

Latest posts