What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Pictures

kgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to delete pictures on the iPad directly?

Pix from my iPhone have a "trash can" to delete them. Pix downloaded from a folder on my PC coming from a digital camera don't have that option.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the all photos section and click the button that looks like a send email button it will reveal a delete button and let you select all the photos you want gone.

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No option to delete

Go to the all photos section and click the button that looks like a send email button it will reveal a delete button and let you select all the photos you want gone.

On the photos I copied from my pc, I only have the option to copy or email, no delete option

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

On the photos I copied from my pc, I only have the option to copy or email, no delete option

If you go to the first tab labeled photos and follow my instructions you will be able to.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury is a rocket

If you go to the first tab labeled photos and follow my instructions you will be able to.

Hi rocketFurry, thank for the tips work fine in my iPad

OP
K

kgb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting Pix

Following the instructions, I do get the delete icon, but it doesn't allow any pix to actually be deleted. If you check a photo to copy or email the icon adds the number of items checked. If you check a pic and press delete, nothing happens for me?:mad:

LPH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Following the instructions, I do get the delete icon, but it doesn't allow any pix to actually be deleted. If you check a photo to copy or email the icon adds the number of items checked. If you check a pic and press delete, nothing happens for me?:mad:

Maybe you could try the instructions on how to delete more than one at a time:

How Can I Delete More Than One Photo from My iPad

And attempt to delete more than one picture.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Which would be exactly what I already posted in here...only in my words instead of a blog.

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still doesn't work

Which would be exactly what I already posted in here...only in my words instead of a blog.

I tried your directions, but like KGB, nothing happens when I push on the red delete button. I'm not sure why.
Also, I do not have a "saved photos" tab, only an "albums" tab and a "photos" tab. Do you have three tabs on top or only two?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I tried your directions, but like KGB, nothing happens when I push on the red delete button. I'm not sure why.
Also, I do not have a "saved photos" tab, only an "albums" tab and a "photos" tab. Do you have three tabs on top or only two?

Like I said it is the first tab labeled photos. I just tried it and it worked fine, hit the button that looks like send email, then select photos and hit delete, if you still can't figure it out I'll post screenshots later.

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Won't work with photos synced through iTunes

After reading the online help about photos, it states for deleting photos that were synced through iTunes, you need to delete them from the iTunes folder and then re-sync.

That's probably why it won't work for me (and for KGB)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I noticed is...

When under "Photos" TAB tap the "swirling arrow", the red "Delete" button appears, select each photo you want deleted , then press "Delete".

When under "ALBUMS" TAB [Only Saved Photos Album can have photos deleted from this area.] Open the "Saved Photos Album", again press the "swirling arrow", the red "Delete" button appears, select all the photos you want deleted, then press "Delete".

When under "Places" TAB You can not delete any photos from this view.

KEY:
BOLD is pressed buttons or Tabs (things you actually press or tap)
Underlined is button appearances (things that appear as buttons)

Hope this is clear enough to help some one ;)

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
I must be missing something here, I followed your instructions and I cannot delete the photos from the Ipad. I go to the photos tab see all my photos select the icon on the far right (box with a arrow leaving it). Three new tabs appear email, copy and delete. I then pick a few photos which show the check mark on them and then hit delete tab and not a thing happens.
What am I doing wrong?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem. The red "delete" wont execute it's function. I tried pressing harder , still it wont budge.

Most reactions

Latest posts