What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Photos

MIKEMULLETT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have created an Album - Birthdays, and copied files to this Album from the camera roll. I wany to delets the photos from the Camera Roll as I now have 2 copies of te picture. When I try to delete the files from the Camera Roll, I get the question - delete from 2 locations. Not what I want - I want to delete the pix from the Camera Roll and leave the in the Birthday Album.
~ Mike ~

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have created an Album - Birthdays, and copied files to this Album from the camera roll. I wany to delets the photos from the Camera Roll as I now have 2 copies of te picture. When I try to delete the files from the Camera Roll, I get the question - delete from 2 locations. Not what I want - I want to delete the pix from the Camera Roll and leave the in the Birthday Album.
~ Mike ~

Albums created on the iOS device are not copies of the photos. They are symbolic links. IE the album points to the original picture to save space.

One way to accomplish what you want is to us a PC, create a folder, put the camera roll photos you want in that folder and then use iTunes to sync that folder back to the iOS device. This method does have a side effect however. You can not delete the photo from the iOS device. You have to use iTunes to modify that album.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering about that as well. With your explanation, am I correct in saying that there are not two copies of a picture, one in an album and one on the camera roll. The one in the album simply appears there from the camera roll because of instructions created by the album?

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

eddieg

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was wondering about that as well. With your explanation, am I correct in saying that there are not two copies of a picture, one in an album and one on the camera roll. The one in the album simply appears there from the camera roll because of instructions created by the album?

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

That's correct.

Most reactions