What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia packages/apps compatible for iPad!

trnjackie23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what did you downloaded from cydia that is compatible with the ipad? I'll try to list some apps I tried that works/others tried and works

WARNING: DONT download apps that hasn't been updated/optimized for iPad yet or your iPad WILL go haywire and you'll have to restore!

EDIT:

Compatible:

- Backgrounder (turn on badges)
- Multiflow
- vlc4iphone
- ifile
- Rock.app
- afc2add
- isteamy
- snes4iphone
- activator
- BTstack
- Quake 3

NOT Compatible:

- Lockinfo
- Mobile terminal
- Pro switcher
- Nes4iphone
- Mquickdo

Working for some/not for others

- Veency
- OpenSSH
- SBSettings

Last edited:

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually too nervous to attempt a jailbreak right now...maybe after I get my second iPad in few months.

arcenik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone try openssh turned mine into an iphone small icons and dock had to restore to fix

arcenik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i may have been wrong it might have been sbsettings that messed up my ipad not openssh

arcenik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also multiflow works pretty good with backgrounder and vlc4iphone and ifile

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i may have been wrong it might have been sbsettings that messed up my ipad not openssh

Sbsetting will make your desktop look odd, but you just need to swipe in the top left corner of your iPad screen to launch the SBSetting window and select "respiring" and that will restore your desktop.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone gotten popular ipad apps like Real Racing HD and Pages via cydia?

Cydia is a legit app store alternative, not a way to pirate apps. Please do nit discuss illegallities of jail breaking here...thanks

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just jailbroke my ipad successfully.

What I'm looking for is an app that will spoof my IP or something of that nature.

I'm trying to workaround blackout restrictions on local sports event streaming.

Anyone know of anything like this working for the ipad already ?
I remember there was something that worked on the iphone in this way called 'fake location'

Last edited:

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anything for google voice? I would love to have some push support on my iPad instead of refreshing the browser.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anything for google voice? I would love to have some push support on my iPad instead of refreshing the browser.
For iPhone, there is GV Mobile+. When used with Prowl you get PUSH. In Prowl you can setup a redirection, that can automagically open up GV Mobile+ when clicking the notification. It works pretty well and gives you free text. Maybe we will see iPad versions sooner or later.

Shuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just jailbroke my ipad successfully.

What I'm looking for is an app that will spoof my IP or something of that nature.

I'm trying to workaround blackout restrictions on local sports event streaming.

Anyone know of anything like this working for the ipad already ?
I remember there was something that worked on the iphone in this way called 'fake location'

FakeLocation still works great on the iPad.

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded snes4iphone

i have roms

how do I get the roms onto my ipad and playable?

Most reactions