What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia packages/apps compatible for iPad!

crabbypilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a way to allow multiple users on one ipad? I would like to have 3 accounts; me, my wife, and my daughter.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
crabbypilot said:
does anyone know if there is a way to allow multiple users on one ipad? I would like to have 3 accounts; me, my wife, and my daughter.

This is one of the most requested features, but there is nothing I know of at the moment. I saw a very encouraging video demo of an upcoming jailbreak app a while ago (Apple seem totally against the idea of multiple users, they would rarher you bought multiple devices!) but don't know if it was real, fake, or other! I'll see if I can hunt down the details and get back to you...

UPDATE - This is the demo I saw. May just turn out to be vapourware, but looks promising...

http://nowsci.com/userprofiles/

Last edited:

crabbypilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can understand that position when it comes to phones, but not the iPad. This is suppose to bridge the gap between the smartphone and the notebook. It does in many ways, but also fails in many ways. Anyway I digress...

I hope this comes to light, and is just not a pipe dream. Until then what about a way to "lock" the home button. My main goal in all of this is to allow my 18 month old to access her apps, but protect the device from accidental gestures or pressing of the home button. She gets rather frustrated when the app unexpectedly quits. Maybe something with multiple gestures to unlock the springboard, or a way to run an app and call for multiple gestures to exit the app.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'm looking for is an app that will spoof my IP or something of that nature.

cant remember the name of the tweak but it is in cydia. you just have to search for it. certain ipad browsers allow you to do this also, non-jb. any apps allowing you to use virtual desktops in the cloud fulfills that need also.

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just JB my iPad1. Where do you go to get apps and stuff for a JB iPad 1?

Also now that it's JB what do I need to do to keep it from updating from Apple and wiping out the JB?

Last edited:

crabbypilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get apps from Cydia (brown icon with a picture of a box with files in it). You can also get them from itunes. If you are asking about pirated software you are out of luck as we cannot discuss that on this forum. However you have enough computer knowledge in you to jb a device so google should point you in the direction you seek.

As for updating and not unjailbreaking (I think I may have made up a new word. YAY me!!) just do not update through itunes until a new jb with instructions has come out.

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get apps from Cydia (brown icon with a picture of a box with files in it). You can also get them from itunes. If you are asking about pirated software you are out of luck as we cannot discuss that on this forum. However you have enough computer knowledge in you to jb a device so google should point you in the direction you seek.

As for updating and not unjailbreaking (I think I may have made up a new word. YAY me!!) just do not update through itunes until a new jb with instructions has come out.[/QUOte

I found the section of apps, themes and stuff in Cydia after I made the post. Wasn't talking about pirate stuff, just stuff that takes advantage of the fact the iPad is JB, mainly free stuff.

So when I sync my iPad, with iTunes how do I prevent it from updating the os if Apple has something new it in the pipe?

If for what ever reason I have to reset my iPad and restore it from the back up via iTunes what state will it be in, JB or un-JB?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So when I sync my iPad, with iTunes how do I prevent it from updating the os if Apple has something new it in the pipe?

If for what ever reason I have to reset my iPad and restore it from the back up via iTunes what state will it be in, JB or un-JB?

Thanks

iTunes will always tell you if there is a new update from Apple. The trick is never press the "Download and Install" button. Just cancel the dialogue box. Quite easy really.

As for a "reset" through iTunes, if you do this you will no longer be jailbroken. A restore wipes the iPad and sets it back to factory freshness!

Check out the stickies linked in my sig for more JB information and the answers to common questions.

Hope that helps...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't there a Don't ask me again tick box, the first time iTunes mentions that a new update is available?

You know I thought there was too. Just checked, and it doesn't offer you that option any more!

UPDATE - HaHa. It offers you the option to ignore it after the 2nd time it asks! When I checked before it was the first time 4.3.2 was offered to me. Clever old Apple!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts