What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My cydia stuff

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the suggestions! Jailbreak has made the iPad exactly what I want, and I'm just getting started :)

Just a few core must haves so far, and I got even more ideas from this thread.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks....but I'm still learning as I go. Read the helpful posts from f47b0y to other members to start.

Also want to add to the list:
MewSeek ~ mobile Na pster ;-)

Last edited:

bambam99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fakeclockup still available?
i have been looking for it but cant find it...

running a jailbroken ipad 1 on 4.3.1 if that helps thanks

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fakeclockup is o.k. But SpeedIntenstifier is way Better. The animations are much smoother.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried out a lot of the apps/tweaks/packages listed here (turns out I'm treating Cydia just like the official App Store … candy land! :D). I wanted to list some of my favorite apps that aren't listed in this post already. They work great on my iPad:

Browser Changer: Set your default browser (instead of Safari). Also can get an SBSettings toggle to [quickly] turn the default back to Safari … and then back to yours … then back to Safari …

BytaFont: Can change the system's fonts - includes inside Settings, Notes, etc

FolderEnhancer: Very fast-opening folders with multiple scrollable pages (fit up to 300+ apps in one folder). In addition, can change color of folder background and title.

Inspell: ABC checker. Highlights errors but does not autocorrect! You go back and fix…

Locktopus: Lock any/all apps with one password

MultiFlow: Quickly tab between multitasked apps. Shows actual app, not an icon

OpenNotifier: Put icons in your status bar for things like mail, Facebook notifications, texts, calendar notifications and phone calls. Never dismiss a pop-up and forget to go back to look at the app. If the app gets a badge - you can add it to OpenNotifier

OverBoard: Press one icon, see all your springboard pages in one glance. No scrolling through multiple pages looking for that one app…

QuickLock 2: Press the icon, put the iPad to sleep

Serious SBSettings HD: Gorgeous theme for SBSettings. Very professional-looking with a large icon set

SmartScreen for iPad iOS: Add time, calendar, email, contacts, search, quick launch bar, etc to your lockscreen (and then move them around into one or two pages)

Springtomize: Lots of tweaks available with this new app. I use it to put 6 icons per row (works well with Infiniboard)

5-Row Keyboard: Finally have numbers permanently showing on a 5th row of your stock keyboard (can customize it to show symbols instead of numbers)

Bigger Text: This was mine … I figured out how to make/load my own Winterboard theme so I could make the text on the springboards and dock larger (it'll also change the font color to any color you wish - but I like the white with my current background). I'm old, you know, and need larger print. Interested? Let me know, I'll send you the plist …

Marilyn

P.S. And I can so identify with Davebarrie here: Cydia tweaks [DO] get me excited in an inappropriate way... :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Mickey

Are you using 5row keyboard? In the description it specifically states: Not for iPad. So I am wondering, whether it works somehow, not at all, or if works just fine.

There is a "5-Row Keyboard for iPad" app. AWolfOutWest reported it was not ready for 4.3.1 yet though...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What f4780y said. It's the one made specifically for the iPad and it works fine on my iOS 4.2.1 iPad. In fact, I am quite enamored of it - as a dash and parentheses user, I save a lot of key strokes. Yes, I'm lazy like that... :D

I saw that part about it not working for 4.3.1. Yet another reason why I'm waiting, for now, to "upgrade" to that version. Honestly? Can't see any improvements in 4.3.1. May be just me...

Marilyn

Most reactions