What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia packages/apps compatible for iPad!

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just jailbroke my ipad successfully.

What I'm looking for is an app that will spoof my IP or something of that nature.

I'm trying to workaround blackout restrictions on local sports event streaming.

Anyone know of anything like this working for the ipad already ?
I remember there was something that worked on the iphone in this way called 'fake location'

FakeLocation still works great on the iPad.
thanks!

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried using fake location, I set my location to three different states and everytime when I go back into MLB App it says blackout restriction still.

Anyone know of any other location faker apps? This one was $4 down the drain it looks like.

Just tried location spoofer and same results. it appears whatever they do to spoof locations doesnt trick the mlb app.

Last edited:

Shuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried using fake location, I set my location to three different states and everytime when I go back into MLB App it says blackout restriction still.

Anyone know of any other location faker apps? This one was $4 down the drain it looks like.

Just tried location spoofer and same results. it appears whatever they do to spoof locations doesnt trick the mlb app.

Try doing another country. I told fake location that I was in Israel and it works perfectly. Don't forget to have fake location tell the MLB app the spoofed address. You may have forgotten that part.

Bitgod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which version of backgrounder should I use, I see that there's 2. Is the 338 for the OS 3.x and the 238 for 2.x?

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone confirm if any other emulators are working?
I've been using SNES4iphone and it works great.

I see a lot of other emulators in the Rock/Cydia stores Genesis, Nes, PS1, N64.

Would love to start using these, especially if they support bluetooth controllers like SNES emulator.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Would love to start using these, especially if they support bluetooth controllers like SNES emulator.

n64iPhone works but it is pretty slow and only works in half screen portrait mode...pretty useless. SNES4iPhone will be amazing when they make an iPad version without the enormous touchpad covering the whole screen...or at least an option to turn it off when using wii remote....would also be nice to add classic wii remote capability.

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score

n64iPhone works but it is pretty slow and only works in half screen portrait mode...pretty useless. SNES4iPhone will be amazing when they make an iPad version without the enormous touchpad covering the whole screen...or at least an option to turn it off when using wii remote....would also be nice to add classic wii remote capability.
classic wii control would be sick
there's a skin i'm using for snes that is fairly transparent. i'll try to find out which one it is, but it doesn't block the view of the screen at all.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

there's a skin i'm using for snes that is fairly transparent. i'll try to find out which one it is, but it doesn't block the view of the screen at all.

I would appreciate that.

klukkluk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes abcplayer works. I use it in The Netherlands by using a VPN in the US

Do you have openvpn working on the iPad? If so, could you give a tutorial how to do so?

Thanks in advance!

(van een Nederlander die juist de andere kant op een vpn verbinding wil leggen :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you grab iFile you should def also grab ForceFull....it converts iPhone apps to iPad format....most apps don't work and have elements that just dont do anything...iFile however works perfectly!

Gazuga6176

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Winterboard is working on mine. Themes are of course looking blown up, but still cool. Let's see some iPad themes soon!!

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would appreciate that.
landscape mode skin 1.

Most reactions