What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia icon missing after absinthe jailbreak ipad2 A5 5.0.1

Yasir yasir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Someone help me please.
I have jailbroken my iPad2 *A5 firmware 5.0.1 *with absinthe and every thing gone working fine. After installing few apps, my Cydia icon gone missing . There is no clew and I even forgot to backup my iPad 2 before jailbreak and I know that iTunes would force install my *ipad2 with new firmware when I restore. While the time comes *for shsh *blobs *to save, it's available for 5.1 not for my current firmware I am holding.
I really feel like giving up..

Yours friend .

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What apps did you install? Did you install any of the tweaks that allow you to hide icons?
Did you install iFile or SSH? I'm asking because I just checked google and found many hits for reinstalling Cydia without jailbreaking. It looks easy. You download the Cydia .deb package to your computer and transfer it to your iPad. Then install the package and respring the device.
You should be able to get Cydia back up and running in a little bit of time.
As far as I know you will not be able to install anything other than the iOS 5.1 to your iPad 2 if you restore in iTunes. I read something about the SHSH Blobs don't work with the iPad 2 at the present time.
Good luck. Let us know how you get along.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
Y

Yasir yasir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx fid

i just recently installed issh from appstore that cost me up to 9$ but still no use, after reading faq i came to know that its not for jail broken ipads bcos my ipad2 is jail broken. Neither i can run any deb file placed in AutoInstall directory but i am able to open all my root folder with ifunbox. Is there any way that i can install openssh so i can try as said.

waiting for your reply..

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings Yasir Yasir,
I did a google search on using iPhonebrowser, a windows application, to install programs on an iPhone. My search was "installing with iPhonebrowser". There's a tutorial in the hits about copying files to the iPhone and using a terminal program on the device to launch the file. If you don't have a terminal program on your device it tells how to copy one to the device even of you don't have a working Cydia.
In the same tutorial there is information on putting files into the autoinstall folder to get them to auto install. If the folder doesn't exist you can created it with iphonebrowser.
The tutorial is on iPod studios. There are lots of pictures to help you get Cydia back up and running. The author even mentions what to do to get Cydia back on your device.
I've been searching the web for a solution to your problem. It will also be good to know for future reference if it ever happens to me, too.
Fid

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
Y

Yasir yasir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear fid
Auto install doesn't work even though after following the same instruction ten times. It seems that i am lock from every where and also i have checked ipod studios, all tricks have been applied but no use. ipad browser doesn't open local folder using file:///var... .Please just find a way to install openssh or cydia. All this happened after installing AVplayer for iphone not ipad2 A5 5.0.1 and i can't even uninstall avplayer, the one which i used to install with cydia.

Most reactions

Latest posts