What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Jailbreak Ipad 2 5.0.1 with Absinthe its stuck at the apple logo , HELP Please

Pearlzt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is my problem with jailbreaking ,

Before this problem , i already jailbroken my ipad2 with absinthe too , when i occured some problem , then i decided to restore factory setting (Via Itunes) ,
and then everything went smooth , and when using the Absinthe (Jailbreak) after restore factory setting Via iTunes , then there is have a Absinthe Icon in my springboard , and then i touch it , the ipad2 restart springboard , and then the cydia appears . when i touch the cydia icon , there is preparing the apps , after thats it seems like have some problem , so i hard reboot (press Home button and on/off button at the same time) after that my ipad2 was stuck at apple logo , no matter how much time i try it to hard reboot , its still same ,,

Please someone help me ,,, even now the ipad2 is still stuck at apple logo ... iTunes cannot detect my device , and i can't thinking some trick again .. please help mee

Please

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is my problem with jailbreaking ,

Before this problem , i already jailbroken my ipad2 with absinthe too , when i occured some problem , then i decided to restore factory setting (Via Itunes) ,
and then everything went smooth , and when using the Absinthe (Jailbreak) after restore factory setting Via iTunes , then there is have a Absinthe Icon in my springboard , and then i touch it , the ipad2 restart springboard , and then the cydia appears . when i touch the cydia icon , there is preparing the apps , after thats it seems like have some problem , so i hard reboot (press Home button and on/off button at the same time) after that my ipad2 was stuck at apple logo , no matter how much time i try it to hard reboot , its still same ,,

Please someone help me ,,, even now the ipad2 is still stuck at apple logo ... iTunes cannot detect my device , and i can't thinking some trick again .. please help mee

Please

You probably interrupted the "preparing filesystem" task for Cydia and this has caused a corruption. You really MUST let that task complete normally.

The best solution for you now is to restore the iPad back to 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak. Then let Cydia complete its initialisation fully (patience is the key!)

If you have problems restoring, make sure you put the iPad into DFU mode first - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Hope that helps.

OP
P

Pearlzt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You probably interrupted the "preparing filesystem" task for Cydia and this has caused a corruption. You really MUST let that task complete normally.

The best solution for you now is to restore the iPad back to 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak. Then let Cydia complete its initialisation fully (patience is the key!)

If you have problems restoring, make sure you put the iPad into DFU mode first - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Hope that helps.

Hehehehehehehe ,

I already solved that problem , it take me 30min :(

Thanks for the answer lol

esaxze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Pls i'm having the same problem. And now, i cant restore back to 5.0.1. What do I do as i have no desire to install 5.1.

Thnx in advance.

Most reactions

Latest posts