What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Root Password on iPad Without Jailbreak?

I

Icarus75

Hi, I have changed my jailbroken iPod Touch's root password through mobile terminal, and although my iPad 2 is not jailbroken, and therefore more secure, I have heard of very rare occurrences where non-jailbroken devices have been hacked, so I'd still like to change the root password of my iPad.

I have no intention of jailbreaking it at the moment, so I'd like to know if there is a way to do it without jailbreaking.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wherever it is that you are getting your information from, I would simply strike them off your list of trustworthy sources. You have nothing to worry about, and there is absolutely no need to pursue trying to access something which is unaccessible in order to change it for "added protection".
Your unjailbroken stock device is never going to be hacked in a way which changing the root credentials would prevent. Trust me.

If this was something worthwhile pursuing, everyone with the remotest concern about security would have been doing it for many years.

Most reactions

Latest posts