What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I disable Open SSH without sbsettings?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to install Open SSH on my Jailbroken iPad, but sbsettings hasn't been updated to work with the new Jailbreak yet. With sbsettings, I can toggle SSH on and off. When I am on a wifi netowrk that is not my own, I like to turn of SSH for security purposes. YES, I changed the "root" and "mobile" passwords, but see no need to announce to the world that a file system is avaible. How can I disable the SSH access without sbsettings. I suspect it is something as simple as shutting a port down with a text file edit, but with my last Jailbreak, I couldn't figure this out.

Please advise.

Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you've changed the password, there's no need to toggle SSH on and off since it does not drain your battery at all. Unless someone's channeling through an SSH client looking for you specifically, and assuming there aren't another few hundred iPhones on the network as well, they won't have the access to your device. If you must have the toggle, you can try Toggle SSH from the BigBoss repo. It hasn't been updated since iOS 2 I believe, but it worked when I first installed it after using winocm's OpenSn0w jailbreak.

Most reactions