What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I now restore Ipad 2 3g 5.0?

esophea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All,
I have an Ipad2 3g (4.3.5) Never Jailbreak with 4.3.3. when I first bought it with on 4.3.5 I save SHSH Blob locally using Tiny Umbrella from 4.3.5 to 5.0.1. I wanna ask any here is I can restore my IPad2 to 5.0? Now I can update to 5.0.1 but I prefer to stock to 5.0 incase dev team release Jailbreaking for 5.0.
I try jailbreaking usting Tiny Umbrella with my local shsh blobs, but fail. Error xxxx.

Can any have any idea how to restore my current Ipad 4.3.5 to 5.0?
Thank I advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. If you did not save SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0 firmware, you cannot put that firmware on your iPad once Apple has stopped signing it. Apple stopped signing 5.0 around November 11th.

In addition, there was no way to save those blobs for that version. At the time, users had to upgrade and stay at that iOS. If you didn't upgrade before the window closed, you now can never use iOS 5.0. Never.

All I can suggest is keep your eyes open for a jail break for the iPad2 on iOS 5.0.1 (or higher). That's the only option left to you.

Sorry.

Marilyn

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,

I may be confused but I believe your post above should be referencing saving blobs for the previous version of the OS, not iOS 5. AFAIK, your central point is correct. The OP is, indeed, stuck. But the details, I think, are incorrect. On the other hand, I may be confused, as noted.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jsh1120: You think you're confused! :D The rules keep changing...

Yes, the nonce for iOS 5 was changed, which, way back when (October! :D) made it useless to save SHSH blobs (though you could ... except for iOS 5.0, because nothing was developed to save them). But now, the developer of Tiny Umbrella has released a version of that program where it's now possible to save SHSH blobs starting with iOS 5.0.1. At the time, they were useless, but still, the jail breaking community was encouraged to save them "just in case," cause you never know...

Now, "just in case" has arrived: iH8sn0w, a member of the jail break community, has upgrade his program, iFaith, so that members can save/use iOS 5.0.1 firmware blobs to make a custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware (IPSW) so that the iDevice can be downgraded to that firmware for future jailbreaking. Again, just in case. In other words, he's developed a way around the changes in blob usage that iOS 5 took away, initially.

So, now Tiny Umbrella is updated so you can save SHSH blobs for 5.0.1 (and probably above) and now iFaith has arrived to actually use those blobs.

It's enough to drive a woman mad, trying to keep up with all these developments! :)

So, that's where the jail break community is today ... at 3:40 pm EST. :D

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts