What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Jailbreak ? Help !

Reaction score
Hey everybody !

I bought my iPad 2 a month ago and its version is 4.3.5 from the first day !
I can't save my SHSH blobs by tiny umbrella so I guess I can't downgrade it to 4.3.3
I've read in a few blogs that jailbreak of 4.3.5 will never come out.

So what should I do now ? Should I upgrade my device to 5.0.1 and wait for its untethered jailbreak ? Or (If any luck) wait for the jailbreak of my current version ?

Waiting for reply
Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that you can't save any SHSH blobs for lower versions, and, that I think the focus is on jail breaking iOS 5 (no more looking at iOS 4.x), I think your best bet is to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1.

But that's just me. We can't tell you which jail break will be releases. Although, the "word on the street" is that "they" are close to a jailbreak on iOS 5.x, but there's no talk about iOS 4.3.5. So, take that into consideration.

Good luck in your decision.

Marilyn

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for your view.
I am a total noob so I don't have any idea about what to do :D
I am thinking about upgrading it to 5.0.1.
What if I upgrade to 5.0.1 and tethered jailbreak(I'm too impatient) it, then can I untethered jailbreak it if it releases ?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CryptanalyticIcecube said:
Thanks Marilyn for your view.
I am a total noob so I don't have any idea about what to do :D
I am thinking about upgrading it to 5.0.1.
What if I upgrade to 5.0.1 and tethered jailbreak(I'm too impatient) it, then can I untethered jailbreak it if it releases ?

The tethered jailbreak is only available for iPad 1 right now. But there is talk about an untethered jailbreak for all iDevices soon.

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i currently have an ipad2 with 4.3.5 and didnt save my shsh blobs. Am i right in thinking that shsh blobs would be irrelevant for ios5? I am in rush to upgrade yet as i would prefer to wait for an ios5 jailbreak and to be honest i am pretty happy with 4.3.5..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to upgrade to a firmware to save blobs for a firmware. I highly recommend you go ahead and download the newest version of Tiny Umbrella, which will save your iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs for you.

For two reasons: It never hurts to save blobs, it causes no harm and I'm hearing rumors that the jail break community might be able to do something with blobs.

Okay, that was three reasons, but my point is, it's good to get into the habit of saving blobs, it doesn't hurt anything and it does NOT matter or depend on what version you have installed. It's all about when Apple is signing the firmware...

Marilyn

OP
C
Reaction score
Okay guys so I finally made a choice and upgraded my iPad to version 5.0.1.
Thanks for the helping ! Much appreciated ! :D

So any other things I should do now with this new version ? Like saving blobs or something ?
And there is no tethered jailbreak for iPad 2 ? :/

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still on 5.0 on my iPad 2 WiFi. Has everyone upgraded to 5.0.1 in hopes of a JB? Will there be a JB for 5.0?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, this is my opinion:

But, if I were sitting on iOS 5.0, I would NOT upgrade until a jailbreak (tethered or untethered) for the iPad2 (or untethered for the iPad1) is actually released for public consumption. As ye olde English proverb states: There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.

I'm just sayin'...

Marilyn

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Okay, this is my opinion:

But, if I were sitting on iOS 5.0, I would NOT upgrade until a jailbreak (tethered or untethered) for the iPad2 (or untethered for the iPad1) is actually released for public consumption. As ye olde English proverb states: There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.

I'm just sayin'...

Marilyn

Yeah I deffo agree with you on this one, I'm staying on iOS 5.0 on my iPad 2 until I hear anything else

Sent from my iPad using iPF

theNameIs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CryptanalyticIcecube said:
Hey everybody !

I bought my iPad 2 a month ago and its version is 4.3.5 from the first day !
I can't save my SHSH blobs by tiny umbrella so I guess I can't downgrade it to 4.3.3
I've read in a few blogs that jailbreak of 4.3.5 will never come out.

So what should I do now ? Should I upgrade my device to 5.0.1 and wait for its untethered jailbreak ? Or (If any luck) wait for the jailbreak of my current version ?

Waiting for reply
Thanks.

Look up how to jailbreak iPad on safari

Most reactions

Latest posts