What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i use 3rd party SHSH blobs

ZayZay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been an enthusiastic new ipad2 owner I went and did a silly thing and updated to ios 5.0.1
It's a wifi 3G model. My question now is weather I can down grade to the 5.0 ( obviously awaiting to jailbreak). Problem is I did not save any SHSH blobs( as I figured out today I needed to). Can these SHSH blobs be obtained anywhere and is there any glimmer of hope to downgrade!!!!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. You can't save shsh blobs starting with iOS 5 anyway.

2. Which means u can't downgrade.

3. Lots of people are awaiting the iOS 5 jb..I am still on 4.3.5..not upgrading..just hold back..could be out in a month. Hopefully :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
1. You can't save shsh blobs starting with iOS 5 anyway.

2. Which means u can't downgrade.

3. Lots of people are awaiting the iOS 5 jb..I am still on 4.3.5..not upgrading..just hold back..could be out in a month. Hopefully :(

Not quite true.

You CAN save SHSH Blobs for 5.x firmwares, but you CANNOT re-use them like you could with 4.x! TinyUmbrella was updated today to save 5.1b1 blobs, so it's untrue to say you can't save them. Folks are still saving them on the off-chance that the nonce security added to 5.x can be overcome and the blobs will then be useful.

But, as things stand you can NEVER downgrade to a version of 5.x which Apple is no longer signing.

OP
ZayZay

ZayZay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well looks like I'm now stuck with ios5.0.1 with no hope of jailbreak anytime sooooon. Im sure the guys at apple will be happy with themselves. Well let that be a harsh lesson learnt.... Dont go upgrading when you know nothing about you current nothing.

Most reactions

Latest posts