What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 calendar is set to SYNC ALL EVENTS in mail,contacts,calendar and it still only goes back 6 months. I sync with the google calendar.

My android phone goes back several years.

Help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is you Gmail account set up as an Exchange account?

If so go into your account settings and change the Mail Days to Sync to No Limit.

This will probably have no affect, but it's worth a try.

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't work, I did just what you said....puzzled why iPad can't do same as my pc or android calendar..all use google

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. No idea.

I went searching my Google Calendar, went back two years and can't find an entry online or on the iPad, making it difficult for me to test. I don't use the Google calendar much, but there should have been something on the site.

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puzzles me why it won't go back as far as the andoid phone does?

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checked google calendar web site...no clue

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid suggestion but have you tried the iPad calendar setting of All events

image-1201059373.jpg

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your google account an exchange account or using the regular gmail option? I remember having the same issue with one of my google apps accounts and support had me change from using Exchange to using the gmail option. I know they sent me an explanation of the issue. I'll post it if I can find it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
joeyteel said:
Is your google account an exchange account or using the regular gmail option? I remember having the same issue with one of my google apps accounts and support had me change from using Exchange to using the gmail option. I know they sent me an explanation of the issue. I'll post it if I can find it.

That's an interesting idea. If you are using an Exchange account try this.

Turn off calendars in your exchange account.
Add a default Gmail (IMAP) account.
Turn off everything except the calendar in that account.

If this works, there's only one problem with it. You can only sync your (one) default Gmail calendar with the IMAP account.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
That's an interesting idea. If you are using an Exchange account try this.

Turn off calendars in your exchange account.
Add a default Gmail (IMAP) account.
Turn off everything except the calendar in that account.

If this works, there's only one problem with it. You can only sync your (one) default Gmail calendar with the IMAP account.

Actually, you sync up to 25 with that option, but you have to use a different URL to enable them.

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

Unlike the exchange one, that works from a desktop browser (but will look a little odd)

EDIT: This is the help document where I found the URL (it references caldav, but it apples to the Gmail option as well):
http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=151674&rd=1

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, you sync up to 25 with that option, but you have to use a different URL to enable them.

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

Unlike the exchange one, that works from a desktop browser (but will look a little odd)

EDIT: This is the help document where I found the URL (it references caldav, but it apples to the Gmail option as well):
CalDAV Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

I did not consider adding each calendar individually by it's URL. Thanks for reminding me that it is possible.

But as far as I know your first link, for Google Sync, only works with the Exchange setup; because it uses Active Sync.

Edit: I take that last back. Your link is indeed different than the one that adds calendars to the Exchange setup, and it works with the IMAP setup. Amazing. Thanks for that.

Off to do my I-Learned-Something-New dance. :D

And save the link, of course.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts