What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy iPad2 or wait for iPad3?

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still content with my iPad one's.... But if rumors let alone the actual firmware meet expectations, I will upgrade this time around.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KJSmitty said:
I'm still content with my iPad one's.... But if rumors let alone the actual firmware meet expectations, I will upgrade this time around.

You would be due if you did. Not being frivolous ;).

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone contemplating a new iPad would be wise to wait until the new iPad is released. Even if you buy an iPad 2, it will be sold by Apple at a much reduced price.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Anyone contemplating a new iPad would be wise to wait until the new iPad is released. Even if you buy an iPad 2, it will be sold by Apple at a much reduced price.

Yes, if you want to get a discounted iPad I would wait for iPad 2 to go down in price.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Landlord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning on waiting for iPad3, the problem is even if it launches in the US tomorrow, it will be a few months till it hits our shores in SA. So I'm still trying to restrain myself from getting an iPad2.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr. Must. Have. iPad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
90% or more users do not jail break and are more than happy what apple delivers. Each ipad I have purchased has performed beyond my expectation and further more had the lowest cost ownership of any computer I have ever owned I will have no hesitation in upgrading to iPad 3

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the tech magazines had a writer trade his MacBook for an iPad 2 for three days. The goal was to see how much the iPad would be able to replace a business machine. As no surprise, there were areas that the MBP was necessary. But it was also interesting how much could be done with the iPad if a person worked at it. In the past ten years, Apple has completely revised how we use electronics. And the beauty is how it flows from product to product. It does not matter if a person buys an iPad 2 or an iPad 3. Eventually, a model will come out with the ultimate components for each individual's needs. Until then, you buy the model that is better for getting familiar with and meets your individual price/needs criteria.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
banannabluepants said:
I think I'm going to return mine.

I would unless you got it as a gift with engraving on it like mine!! ;)

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i really want ipad 2 but waiting for new one :)

If you really want iPad2, why wait? Some stores are starting to markdown the iPad2 by US$70.00. I just got an email from a large grocery store chain--Meijers, here in the upper mid-West of the USA...touting the iPad2 as a GREAT Valentines gift!

pbernard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too late for me, iPad 2 already ordered. By the way, unless you buy Apple's stuff on release day, you can be pretty sure the next generation is never that far from now.

Philippe

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too late for me, iPad 2 already ordered. By the way, unless you buy Apple's stuff on release day, you can be pretty sure the next generation is never that far from now.Philippe

In some way you are right. But in my opinion Apple is pretty consistent with releasing new stuff. I was planning to buy iPad 2 by end of the 2011, but I knew that they will release new iPad about March, so I waited. If I see that iPad 3 is not big improvement over iPad 2, I will simply take discounted iPad 2 :)

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milanno said:
In some way you are right. But in my opinion Apple is pretty consistent with releasing new stuff. I was planning to buy iPad 2 by end of the 2011, but I knew that they will release new iPad about March, so I waited. If I see that iPad 3 is not big improvement over iPad 2, I will simply take discounted iPad 2 :)

Agreed 100%. I was in your very same situation last year. Eventually I got the ipad 2 as the cameras are very important for me for video calls.

Most reactions

Latest posts