What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't retina display become more a problem than an improvement for users?

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not think the iPad cameras will ever be considered more than a nice extra. The screen size is great, but the iPad is too big to effectively handle in a lot of photography. The retina screen will mean some adjustments, but should not be a major inconvenience. I have a 32 Gb model now. In making my decision of what size to get, I looked at my usage graph. I have 6 Gb in apps, the same in music, and over 12 Gb free. So even if my apps double in size, I will still have a healthy reserve. And about half of my apps are rarely used, so they can be taken off the iPad. If they become desired in the future, I can always download them from my computer.

Good point, Seadog! If you want top quality photos, buy a top quality camera. The iPad camera is what it is - average.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point, Seadog! If you want top quality photos, buy a top quality camera. The iPad camera is what it is - average.

Thing is, some users apparently prefer inferior iPad photos, because they say their iPads are at hand, while cameras aren't.

Just depends on the user.

Most reactions