What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy iPad2 or wait for iPad3?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I cannot see Apple dong either of these things, regardless of the rumors.

The iPad is selling at a rate of over 150,000 units every day at $499+. There is no business reason to lower the price. The iPhone comparison is not valid. That was a response to AT&T needing an entry level phone to sell more contracts.

Releasing two units in less than a year creates an instability in the market - a wait and see attitude that will cause future sales slumps.

I predict we will see an annual update just as before, with whatever new features are ready for prime time.

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One might get a little greedy when it comes to tech-stuff like iPads, computers or cellphone. At least I do - all the time, haha! But seriously thought, I'd suggest you wait a month or two for the iPad 3. Rumors are all over the net (as usual) but a realease date in march is the only rumor I've heard so far. Sounds promising!

So as mentioned above already:
If you DESPERATELY need one TODAY. Then buy one, and be happy. Otherwise, wait a month or two - I'll promise you won't regret it once you stand in the applestore, with a shiny new iPad 3 box firmly in your grip. :)

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PreVoiD said:
One might get a little greedy when it comes to tech-stuff like iPads, computers or cellphone. At least I do - all the time, haha! But seriously thought, I'd suggest you wait a month or two for the iPad 3. Rumors are all over the net (as usual) but a realease date in march is the only rumor I've heard so far. Sounds promising!

So as mentioned above already:
If you DESPERATELY need one TODAY. Then buy one, and be happy. Otherwise, wait a month or two - I'll promise you won't regret it once you stand in the applestore, with a shiny new iPad 3 box firmly in your grip. :)

At this point I would diffinantly wait for the three. Once they do officailly announce it there will still be a wait, but at least you can pitch a tent at the Apple store of your choice.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in the same Race, Same Dilemma waiting to buy my first ever iPad. And I am terribly...terribly... excited and anxious about it. I am in the same confusion should I buy the iPad-2 now when we are so close to the Launch of the new iPad-3. I also feel, even the current iPad-2 is such a amazing thing that it sends shivers down my spine if I think for a second what if Apple mess up with the iPad-3 with its screen with its shape, with its weight and battery. But someone here on another thread suggested me this idea which I thought made a lot of sense, My original question to him was what if I didn't like the new iPad-3 with its IGZO technology screen display and by then even the iPad-2 production would have stopped. What he suggested was just from the time the iPad-3 is launched from that very day there would be reviews about it all over the world and till then even iPad-2 would be still be available so make your comparison then and act fast and buy which ever you think is the best. So the key is if you are confused between buying iPad-2 and wait for iPad-3 the answer is certainly wait now but be alert and act fast as soon as the new iPad-3 is launched. If you wanna buy the new iPad-3 or go with the iPad-2 !

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus once the 3 is available the 2 will drop in price about $100. That alone is reason enough to wait.

adamhardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.best-answers.org
Why not wait for iPad 3?
Obviously, iPad 3 will have a great improvement both on software and hardware.
Once the iPad 3 is released, the price of iPad 2 will surely fall.

Vertigo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you wait for an iPad3, your wife will just nick it and you'll get her iPad2 so you may as well just get one now :D

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not wait for the iPad 4?

Because there will never be an iPad 4. Just look around the web; the world will apparently end in a year or so. That's ok because in heaven, we can get free iPad 12 devices with bottomless iTunes Gift Cards. We should all meet for lunch or catch the dinner show. I hear Justin Bieber will be performing with the Rat Pack and the drinks are always free.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Because there will never be an iPad 4. Just look around the web; the world will apparently end in a year or so. That's ok because in heaven, we can get free iPad 12 devices with bottomless iTunes Gift Cards. We should all meet for lunch or catch the dinner show. I hear Justin Bieber will be performing with the Rat Pack and the drinks are always free.

Why not wait for iPad 10 lmao.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts