What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being that I'm a technophobe (updating to iOS 8)

Casey_B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I hope you're well. I'm new to the world of the iPad, having bought mine yesterday. I'm getting used to it, and loving it. However, I've just read that iOS 8 is due next month. I'm au fait with computers and updates, but updating the iPad seems to be a different beast. My question is, how simple is this likely to be? Failing that, can I just roll up to the store where I bought it and ask them to do it for me?

Thanks,

Casey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Casey...

Congrats on your new iPad...it's always exciting to get a new electronic device isn't it. When I bought my iPad 2 in 2011, I had the same questions for updates, too. If it were easy enough.

For me, I have updated my iPad wirelessly with all the updates from 5.0 to current. I haven't had issues, but some prefer to do a full update by connecting their device to their computer and updating it through iTunes.

Anyways...see the link for updating your iPad wirelessly or through connection with iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4623

Good luck,

Skimonkey ~

OP
Casey_B

Casey_B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant. Thanks, skimonkey.

Love this place already. The users are so helpful. (I say this having read the first 20 pages of the tips and tricks thread.) When my iPad finishes charging, I'll read the rest.

Take care,

Casey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant. Thanks, skimonkey.

Love this place already. The users are so helpful. (I say this having read the first 20 pages of the tips and tricks thread.) When my iPad finishes charging, I'll read the rest.

Take care,

Casey

Anytime Casey!

We have a lot of members/Staff here that I consider "Technical Experts" that are all willing to jump in to help when they can. This Forum is jam packed with lots of information along with everybody being so friendly!

Enjoy.

Skimonkey ~ :)

Most reactions

Latest posts