What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh I'm getting antsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: no iPad today in the mail. No tracking info yet.. Getting impatient. Will let you know when I hear something. I'm not even sure if she sent it postal or FedEx or UPS.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UGH.. got a response but she messed up and gave me the incorrect tracking info because it shows it shipped from her location but was delivered to Carol Stream, IL last month!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
UGH.. got a response but she messed up and gave me the incorrect tracking info because it shows it shipped from her location but was delivered to Carol Stream, IL last month!

This all sounds very fishy.......

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She replied and said she had a 6 and a 1 reversed. The "correct" # doesn't show any info but from what my google search found thats not uncommon. Apparently when someone insures a package at the PO sometimes they aren't trackable in transit. USPS sucks! She said if its not here by Friday she will yell at the postal service. I suppose I should open a dispute next Monday if her yelling at the PO turns nothing up. I hope I get it tomorrow though...

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
She replied and said she had a 6 and a 1 reversed. The "correct" # doesn't show any info but from what my google search found thats not uncommon. Apparently when someone insures a package at the PO sometimes they aren't trackable in transit. USPS sucks! She said if its not here by Friday she will yell at the postal service. I suppose I should open a dispute next Monday if her yelling at the PO turns nothing up. I hope I get it tomorrow though...

I feel so nervous for you. Sometimes with the USPS you can get delivery confirmation, but that doesn't mean tracking. I really hope it comes soon.....

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just checked and it says it was processed through Philly tonight.. The good news would be that it means the package is actually moving. The bad news is that it means there is no way in hades I'll have it tomorrow..

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just checked and it says it was processed through Philly tonight.. The good news would be that it means the package is actually moving. The bad news is that it means there is no way in hades I'll have it tomorrow..

Well that's good news at least. Was this a factory sealed iPad that this person just resold?

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's good news at least. Was this a factory sealed iPad that this person just resold?

Here is what the listing said:

Up for auction is the new apple 3rd generation ipad. (iPad HD). This model has the new retina display for beautiful stunning 1080p quality video/photo.

This item is brand new. Included is the original box and plug. The box however is not rapped in the plastic as it would be from apple. This is only because we test all units before shipping. This was purchased fas a business tool but never used.

If any questions arise please feel free to ask at any point during the day.

Thank you and happy bidding!!

I don't really care if the shrink wrap is on as long as it works right and all.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USPS can take from 5 - 10 business days to get delivered and they are the crappiest (cheapest) delivery service. DO NOT accept any package that looks screwed up. If you accept it, you will get nothing but grief from the USPS. Also, they are the only delivery service to have lost shipments in transit to my house and filing a claim has been useless.

Thankfully you used PayPal to purchase the auction. Both PayPal and eBay are excellent when it comes to disputes.

If the package arrives and the outside looks good, have a camera ready. Make sure you actually received an IPad "3".

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USPS can take from 5 - 10 business days to get delivered and they are the crappiest (cheapest) delivery service. DO NOT accept any package that looks screwed up. If you accept it, you will get nothing but grief from the USPS. Also, they are the only delivery service to have lost shipments in transit to my house and filing a claim has been useless.

Thankfully you used PayPal to purchase the auction. Both PayPal and eBay are excellent when it comes to disputes.

If the package arrives and the outside looks good, have a camera ready. Make sure you actually received an IPad "3".

+1, I was gonna say if it is not wrapped make sure that it is in fact an iPad 3. There was a post from a member on here that got an iPad 2 in an open box from Walmart. Let us know when you get it as there are easy ways to tell if you got the new iPad. The screen is pretty obvious unless you do not have an iPad 1 or 2 to compare it to.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to use a video camera and have my father open it while I video. Better safe than sorry.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I ask why did you just not buy it retail to start with? And USPS?? Why not just send it via carrier pigeon..more reliable in some cases. Please keep us posted.. I have been watching this post since you made it. I hate you are dealing with what seems to be a flakey seller. Camera is a great idea but you won't need it. PayPal dispute and escalation is fantastic

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, all this headache so you can save 50 bucks, not worth it... Next time just get it off bestbuy or Walmart or even apple.

Last edited:
OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I ask why did you just not buy it retail to start with? And USPS?? Why not just send it via carrier pigeon..more reliable in some cases. Please keep us posted.. I have been watching this post since you made it. I hate you are dealing with what seems to be a flakey seller. Camera is a great idea but you won't need it. PayPal dispute and escalation is fantastic

Lol, all this headache so you can save 50 bucks, not worth it... Next time just get it off bestbuy or Walmart or even apple.

Well I'm disabled so its hard for me to get down to Best Buy and such. All BB had was the 64 gig model and I didn't think I would need that large. I went to Walmart afterwards and they didn't have any.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
Well I'm disabled so its hard for me to get down to Best Buy and such. All BB had was the 64 gig model and I didn't think I would need that large. I went to Walmart afterwards and they didn't have any.

Well, we are all pulling for ya that all is well!

Me however, I think the filming idea is great - I have done the same so if you can make that happen I would. Hopefully it will all be wasted time/effort however.... :)

Fingers crossed it arrives today/soonest.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts