What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh I'm getting antsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have nerves of steel I'd be revved up and ready to pay him a visit lol I can't stand eBay anymore like previous posters have said , most sellers are lazy so hopefully it's all in the post for you and your shiny iPad is on its way to you.

How come you didn't pop down to a local store and buy one ...when I set my mind to something I want I'm too impatient to wait for the postal service , straight to the car and off I go spending my savings lol only to return home to my partner rolling her eyes saying " another gadget" lol

Well I went to Best Buy to get one and they only had the 64GB model. I didn't really need one that big so I went home and ordered from this eBay person. I guess I should've just popped the extra $200 and got the 64GB model.. oh well..

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really hope you get your stuff. The eBay complaint process really does protect you though. At least you don't be out any money.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just sent another email.. "Hello, I'm getting worried now with the lack of communication. I'm not trying to be rude but can you please let me know if this shipped or will I need to get a refund?" See if that wakes them up..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What will definitely wake your seller up and show that you're serious is the notice he gets when you open the item not received dispute.Whatever you do,don't let the seller string you along until the 45 day time limit for opening a dispute expires.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What will definitely wake your seller up and show that you're serious is the notice he gets when you open the item not received dispute.Whatever you do,don't let the seller string you along until the 45 day time limit for opening a dispute expires.

I'll wait till Wednesday and then file a claim. Well maybe Thursday to make sure its a full 7 days. If he was dumb enough not to write the tracking info down its not my problem. I will definitely not wait 45 days!

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to save some money you could always get a open box bestbuy deal. I saved $50 on my white 16gb and the original owner never even took the wrapping off the cable. If you download the bestbuy app you can search for open box at local stores I'm your area. My local stores had them all 10% off. I've got all my original packaging and materials and box. Sorry eBay didn't work so well

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to save some money you could always get a open box bestbuy deal. I saved $50 on my white 16gb and the original owner never even took the wrapping off the cable. If you download the bestbuy app you can search for open box at local stores I'm your area. My local stores had them all 10% off. I've got all my original packaging and materials and box. Sorry eBay didn't work so well

I see that my local BB has one open box. It would still be covered by the 1 yr Apple warranty regardless right?

iHEARTcartoons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.iHEARTcartoons.com
You'll definetely be OK in the long run even if the sale goes bad. I've been using eBay since 1999, in all that time I've only had one problem buying something and got a refund from PayPal.

Start a resolution case as soon as you can, be a little more patient, and you'll be fine ;)

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
I see that my local BB has one open box. It would still be covered by the 1 yr Apple warranty regardless right?

Yup.. All the original warranties still apply. Even the normal bestbuy return policy

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whew! Got a response!

"Hi
Sorry for the belated response and also you have every right to e worried so please don't worry that I think your being too pushy so to say. Your iPad did ship out on Friday. Estimated delivery I want to say is either Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't have the tracking number in hand but I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm at the office

Thanks"

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
Whew! Got a response!

"Hi
Sorry for the belated response and also you have every right to e worried so please don't worry that I think your being too pushy so to say. Your iPad did ship out on Friday. Estimated delivery I want to say is either Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't have the tracking number in hand but I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm at the office

Thanks"
Despite what your seller is telling you in his messages,make sure to open the dispute before the deadline expires,if the item hasn't arrived.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Despite what your seller is telling you in his messages,make sure to open the dispute before the deadline expires,if the item hasn't arrived.

It's 45 days from the date of purchase? If I don't have it in my hands by next Sunday I will probably be opening a dispute. But I should have it even by tomorrow possibly. Priority Mail from PA to MI isn't all that lengthy.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
It's 45 days from the date of purchase? If I don't have it in my hands by next Sunday I will probably be opening a dispute. But I should have it even by tomorrow possibly. Priority Mail from PA to MI isn't all that lengthy.

The 45 days starts from the instant you pay for the item.For example,if you paid at 2pm,the 45 days would expire at exactly 2pm 45days later.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've read on this forum that BB has diff warranty coverage on reconditioned items. Don't know whether it would consider the opened one as such. I'd double-check before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts