What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argh I'm getting antsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay the gal I bought the iPad on eBay wrote back saying that if I decided to get the 2 yr with drops coverage from Apple that she will send me the pertinent receipt info. Do you guys think the extended warranty is worth it? From what I understand I could drop the thing twice and pay $49 per incident and get a brand new iPad?

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh sorry I read that again. I'm normally not an extended warranty girl but I paid over 800.00 for mine and yes Apple Care is worth it

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh sorry I read that again. I'm normally not an extended warranty girl but I paid over 800.00 for mine and yes Apple Care is worth it

I paid $505 for the 16GB wifi. So even then I guess its still worth it. I could end up smashing it by accident and get a new one.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last thing if you file a dispute make sure you escalate it. I don't wait I had to do it twice a dispute just gets you in touch with the seller but escalation requires her to send tracking and other info within a time period or you are refunded. If you file but don't escalate you can lose your refund

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the apple care in your case is worth it. It sounds off to me though... If you have questions on dispute and escalations don't hesitate to ask. I just went through this with a vendor

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would email one last time asking for tracking. If you don't get anything by tomorrow start the process because it can take a good month or more. I don't mess around when it comes to cash and there is NO excuse for not having tracking info

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry.. One last thing.. IF it shows and all is well while in dispute you can close it with no issues but it shows the seller you are serious

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've read on this forum that BB has diff warranty coverage on reconditioned items. Don't know whether it would consider the opened one as such. I'd double-check before buying.

They told me it came with the same bestbuy return policy and the same warranty from apple.. She could have not known though

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No they do not.. You want apple care.. BB will make you wait for an item after they try to repair it and a host of other issues that has sworn me off of them

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whew! Got a response!

"Hi
Sorry for the belated response and also you have every right to e worried so please don't worry that I think your being too pushy so to say. Your iPad did ship out on Friday. Estimated delivery I want to say is either Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't have the tracking number in hand but I'll get it for you tomorrow when I'm at the office

Thanks"

Glad you got a response. Didn't I call it? Lazy, lazy seller. Late shipping and no tracking number. Let us know if you get it tomorrow.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lyndon23 said:
How did this seller want paid? - please tell me you didn't send him 1,500,000 ugandan shillings via a Western Union account registered to his terminally ill relative? LOL :p

Ha ha ha ha that made me laugh ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts