What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple store Rep surprised by screen bleed?!

Nolegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, get this. As I stated in my intro, I got the White iPad 2 on Monday (5/30) from BB. I noticed on Thursday, that it had some screen bleeding, just a little in the corner. However, yesterday, I noticed that it was a LOT more than just in the bottom right corner. Don't know if it got worse over two days, or if I just wasn't paying enough attention the first time.
So I just called Apple, and to my dismay the rep was completely clueless about the rampant issue with screen bleeding.:confused:
When I told her my issue, she says "oh so your backlight isn't working?" I say "no, I'm talking about the screen bleed issue that a lot of people are experiencing." She then says "Oh your screen isn't working?" I say "No, when there is a black image on my screen, or I'm watching a movie with the black borders and I am in a dimly lit, or dark room, I can see white blotches on all four corners, you know, the bleeding issue everyone is having with the iPad 2 units". She then gets quiet for about a minute, then says "I'm sorry ma'm, I'm not aware of this, let me place you on hold." I say "how can you not be aware of this issue?" She then says "I'm sorry, let me transfer you to someone". But instead disconnects. I called back, and got another clueless rep, and am now on hold for the third time in the last hour. Am I dialing the wrong number? Anyone care to elaborate?

OP
N

Nolegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update...
I finally spoke with someone who knew what I was talking about. However, she said they try to repair these units FIRST before replacing them. I told her I would call back if BB wouldn't take it back. Is this standard now? I thought they just replace them because they can't be fixed.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update...
I finally spoke with someone who knew what I was talking about. However, she said they try to repair these units FIRST before replacing them. I told her I would call back if BB wouldn't take it back. Is this standard now? I thought they just replace them because they can't be fixed.

I have never heard this ever. Interesting!

Can you go to a Apple store?

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just so you know that with tablets you only have 14 days to return to best buy that is to return one and get a new one . Apple very much knows about this problem .I agree that you should talk to a top level service tech

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts