What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2screen bleeding

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bleeding

Just a follow up I just got off the phone with Apple. I spoke with a very pleasant rep and he informed me that this is wide spread problem. He said that basically there is a problem with the screens from the supplier and they will have it all corrected soon. Some screens are worse than the others. I can take it back and they will give me a replacement, it may be better or worse. My other option is to wait for a month or so to get one from the next batch. I will just wait it out for the new batch.
83c611c1.png

Oh wow thats bad. Believe it or not. My bleeding is worse then yours

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my iPad 2 today..I took a picture of it with my camera when the iPad was booting, if there is another way of showing u all a pic without me taking a pic with my digital camera please let me know as I am new at this

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/lakerfanalways/IMG_0528.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/lakerfanalways/IMG_0527.jpg

disregard the line in the middle of the iPad, that is just a reflection of something in the closet(Which is where I took the photo)

I had the brightness level at 50 percent and also at its highest and it looks identical..there is NO bleeding on the right side at all, its totally perfect, nothing on the top as well, just a tiny bit I notice towards the bottom left which is what I have pictured..its the White 32gb Wifi iPad 2..so what do u all think..is that what u all consider a minor bleed? Otherwise the iPad is perfect, no issues so far

Last edited:

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I received my iPad 2 today..I took a picture of it with my camera when the iPad was booting, if there is another way of showing u all a pic without me taking a pic with my digital camera please let me know as I am new at this

disregard the line in the middle of the iPad, that is just a reflection of something in the closet(Which is where I took the photo)

I had the brightness level at 50 percent and also at its highest and it looks identical..there is NO bleeding on the right side at all, its totally perfect, nothing on the top as well, just a tiny bit I notice towards the bottom left which is what I have pictured..its the White 32gb Wifi iPad 2..so what do u all think..is that what u all consider a minor bleed? Otherwise the iPad is perfect, no issues so far

Push the home button and power button at the. Same time that will take a screen shot of your iPad screen then upload from your pics

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Push the home button and power button at the. Same time that will take a screen shot of your iPad screen then upload from your pics

I have tried again and again, every time I hold down the power button and home button at the same time as its booting it goes into DFU mode

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do it fast at the same time make sure you have a black pic on your screen you can cover your lens and take a pic to get a black pic then do screen. Shot just hit the button at same time then let go you will here the noise telling you you took a pic

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harley man said:
Do it fast at the same time make sure you have a black pic on your screen you can cover your lens and take a pic to get a black pic then do screen. Shot just hit the button at same time then let go you will here the noise telling you you took a pic

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wait so your saying I should use the camera on my iPad, take a picture of the room which is black..then I go back to my iPad..open up that picture..and take a screen shot of that? That actually makes sense I will do that tomorrow..I know I am overly obsessive about this and people have told me that my issue is minor compared to others but just want to be sure

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harley man said:

Doing this will take a screenshot, but will not show the lightbleed problem. Only way to show that would be to take a picture of the iPad 2 in a dark room with the brightness turned up and having the iPad display a dark page.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my 5th replacement iPad 2 from apple, all due to screen bleed, arrived today, turned it on and just like the rest of them its got screen bleed. I rang apple again and as usual they told me that they are aware of the screen bleed issues and that I should wait about a month for them to rectify the problem, I personally think that the apple warehouse in australia that sends out all the replacements have a butt load of old ipad2 that were made before the problem was noticed and it going to take a while for big amounts of new stock to arrive.

Crisz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an iPad 2. Until I read this I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me but, no there is a little bleeding around the corners. It's not a whole lot, yet! Will this get worse with time? I don't want to go exchange it just yet because then I take the risk of getting one that is worse. I have a year warranty so I think I will let them try and solve this issue before I exchange. A rep. from Apple said they are working on this issue so maybe with a little time they will have some without the bleeding issue.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is screen bleed even in the replacements..mine has 4 spots and its usually 3-4 spots..so u cant do anything about it..try to live with it as ur not the only one..

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guy's I phoned my local Apple store today and mentioned this problem, I do have a little bleeding but nothing that would of bothered me had I not seen the threads about it. To my surprise the guy on the phone says he has never heard of an issue with the screens and suggested I make an appointment with a genius so as soon as I can I will make a visit to store but it's like 25 miles so I will wait till stocks are better so am not wasting my time if they exchange this unit.

Owen

...'he has never heard of an issue'
This is a standard policy tag line for Apple employees. I’ve been with Apple products since the cretaceous period and I know this to be a fact. Many of them don’t have the stomach to use it with known issues, but some do. It’s annoying but that’s just the Apple way.

Last edited:

22tango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 also had bleeding issue. I took it in today after making an appointment with an Apple "Genius". - NOT. He approached me with a laugh and said, "Your ipad2 screen is bleeding?!!!! I have not heard of that.". He then took my iPad to a dark room in the back to verify what I said and then proceeded to tell me that that amount of small bleeding is normal and part of manufacturing. The iPad is supposed to be used in a lighted area not in dark room. But as a one time courtesy he can exchange my iPad for me but cannot guarantee that the new unit will have no bleeding. He will not exchange it again if it happen to the new unit. I mentioned that I have read about this problem online and talked to other users who have had their unit replaced multiple times. I told them that Apple making such an inferior product that I paid quite a bit of money is unacceptable. I told him I will think about his offer.

Forum member how do you think I should proceed?

Most reactions