What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Replacing Some iPad 2s for Backlight Bleeding Issues

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It certainly doesn't happen to all iPad2s - the majority of users either don't notice the issue or it hasn't affected them. iPad Forum members are, of course, a highly discriminatory group of technically savvy users, who are very particular about their iPads, so I suspect you see more reported problems on this Forum than you'll see in the general population.

Tim

A couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a rather eccentric article stating that the bleeding is caused due to stresses and could be massaged. Needless to say, that I haven't tried this method, yet.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It certainly doesn't happen to all iPad2s - the majority of users either don't notice the issue or it hasn't affected them. iPad Forum members are, of course, a highly discriminatory group of technically savvy users, who are very particular about their iPads, so I suspect you see more reported problems on this Forum than you'll see in the general population.

Tim

A couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a rather eccentric article stating that the bleeding is caused due to stresses and could be massaged. Needless to say, that I haven't tried this method, yet.

Massaging a stressed iPad. Now I've heard it all......

I'm a stressed moderator but I can't get my wife to massage me...

Tim

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Massaging a stressed iPad. Now I've heard it all......

I'm a stressed moderator but I can't get my wife to massage me...

Tim
Maybe she will massage your iPad. ;)

Pavlos 104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, im new to this forum .i was waiting for ipad 2 and finally i got it before 10 days.this is the 3rd ipad after two exchanges now i have the same issue unfortunately. Can i wait 2-3 months to fix apple the problem and after get a refurbinshed product?? These products are in good conditions . There is a possibillity to find scratches??

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pavlos 104 said:
Hello, im new to this forum .i was waiting for ipad 2 and finally i got it before 10 days.this is the 3rd ipad after two exchanges now i have the same issue unfortunately. Can i wait 2-3 months to fix apple the problem and after get a refurbinshed product?? These products are in good conditions . There is a possibillity to find scratches??

Is it really that bad? Take a picture with a camera. Not a screen shot because that won't get the bleed.

64GB 3G White iPad

Russell578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 off someone on craigslist and it has a little bleeding. I do not have the receipt because I bought it second hand. Will apple still replace it for me?

Pavlos 104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the problem there is in every place of edges in my display. Unfortunately i bought it when i was in NY for vacations.Now in my country they say that we ll give me a refurbinshed product in 5 days. Which your opinion? If the referbinshed have scratches i dont want it.someone has any experience of this. Thanks

Russell578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I have up to year to exchange it? I don't want to return it now just to get one with the same problem...

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Russell578 said:
And I have up to year to exchange it? I don't want to return it now just to get one with the same problem...

I don't know about having a year to replace it. My experience has been Apple care will exchange for a refurbished product if THEY determine that the product is defective. After they go through a series of test questions they make you an appointment to take the product to the apple store and then they further trouble shoot the issue at the apple store. I truly believe that the apple store tech is looking for evidence of improper usage ( ie water damage, jail breaking, opening the system itself ect ect.) After they determine that the issue is not user related they then replace the product with a refurbished one. You can only exchange for a brand new product when you are within the 14 day window after purchasing.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience has been Apple care will exchange for a refurbished product if THEY determine that the product is defective.
I believe that this is at their discretion. Their only obligation to you is to exchange your defective iPad for one that is functionally identical and this can be new or refurbished, depending on availability.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the apple store today to exchange my iPad 2 and they said that they are using remanufactured to switch out. I asked if they could check the backlight issue on some of them so I could have the better one and they said no. What ever received was what I had for the time being. No choice of a better screen. I'll check back with them to see if tomorrow I get a better person from apple.

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
I was at the apple store today to exchange my iPad 2 and they said that they are using remanufactured to switch out. I asked if they could check the backlight issue on some of them so I could have the better one and they said no. What ever received was what I had for the time being. No choice of a better screen. I'll check back with them to see if tomorrow I get a better person from apple.

What state do you live in? They are usually accommodating during off peak hours

Most reactions

Latest posts