What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Replacing Some iPad 2s for Backlight Bleeding Issues

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got my iPad2 yesterday evening. i'll be testing it out over the weekend and will check for this as an issue. i got apple care for it so if it should show up after the 1yr warranty period, i'm still covered.

i'll report back if i have it right out of the box.

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Called apple store. No prob with exchange within 12 months:) yay! Mine isn't bad unless I'm in a dark room watching a movie with widescreen bars on top & bottom. Not enough to bother me much, I'll wait until closer to the year's end. If they exchange, do I get a brand new one(same model & version)? Or do I get a reburb one(or will they try to fix mine)? Curious.....

It been my experience with my iPhone that they will replace it with the exact same model and color that you have now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. Torria

Markvb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I fully test if I have a severe case of blacklit bleeding?

I do se some light in the corners while watching a video with no room lights but I dont know if it is sufficient to ask for a replace.

Moreover I bought it from a retailer not an applestore.

Thanks.

Markvb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I just checked that my retailer offers 15 days full refund garantee, after that it is manufacturers garantee.

Ayway im not replacing my ipad whithin 15 days since theres not going to be enough sto k by that time so ill have to deal with apple.

Swede1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bleeding too, but I didn't even notice it until I read about it online and tested my ipad2 and noticed a few spots around the edges that shows light leaks,, but to be honest I'm not going to loose sleep over it,, I mean,, how many times do you have a completely dark screen? And if / when you do, don't you usually watch what's going on more towards the middle of the screen? I mean, if you watch a movie with black bars on top and bottom, don't you concentrate on the movie? Or do you sit there and look for some possible light leaks?

Markvb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive just checked with my friend's white ipad (mine is black) and his has noticeable less bleeding than mine... It looks like i will have to contact apple.

I bought it in a retailer but theres actually an apple store in my city. Do you recomment to do it through my retailer or just go directly to the applestore??

Reaction score
Markvb said:
Ive just checked with my friend's white ipad (mine is black) and his has noticeable less bleeding than mine... It looks like i will have to contact apple.

I bought it in a retailer but theres actually an apple store in my city. Do you recomment to do it through my retailer or just go directly to the applestore??

Save yourself some time and go directly to the AppleStore. The retailer, unless it is BB, will listen to your complaints, tell you they can't fix it and then forward you to the AppleStore anyway.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the apple store today. They barely looked at my iPad 2. They just said ok, and ordered me a replacement. They said it will take 5-10 days for it to arrive. I got the biggest response from them when I used multitouch gestures to switch apps. The were like "how did you do that?". LOL!

Reaction score
Madchiller said:
I went to the apple store today. They barely looked at my iPad 2. They just said ok, and ordered me a replacement. They said it will take 5-10 days for it to arrive. I got the biggest response from them when I used multitouch gestures to switch apps. The were like "how did you do that?". LOL!

Did you keep your iPad until the replacement arrives, or were you required to leave it with them?

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got to keep it until the new one arrives. They said just bring it with no box or cables, and they will switch it out.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just check mine and its bleeding light all over do you think apple would ship me a new one or would i have to go apple store i got at best buy i do think they have any in stock or i would just get a new one

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called apple care and opened a case, they want me to wait a few days and then call back.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see a curvy line while log ing into yahoo mobile mail, can't see while loading another page?

Most reactions