What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App stuck in install mode 3 days

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well like it says I had downloaded an app and have had it for quite a while, then the other day it had an update - so I went there tapped on update. Now it won't do anything, I deleted it from my apps but it is STILL stuck on update mode. The install block is greyed out and it has stayed that way for three days! Suggestions anyone?

Sent from my iPad 2 IOS 6.1.3 using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning, try doing a reset ie hold down the home key and on/ off button until the white apple logo appears. That should resolve the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried that, anymore ideas? Maybe I just have to wait for the company to get my feedback. The App Store gave that to me as a last resort, thanks,squib

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well like it says I had downloaded an app and have had it for quite a while, then the other day it had an update - so I went there tapped on update. Now it won't do anything, I deleted it from my apps but it is STILL stuck on update mode. The install block is greyed out and it has stayed that way for three days! Suggestions anyone?

Hi Squib--I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one.

I'll also move this to the Help section for you and also post that I have responded to this thread in your other thread on deletions.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score

http://ipadacademy.com/2012/06/how-to-solve-the-problem-of-an-ipad-app-download-stuck-on-waiting

Here is one place to go if this happens to you!

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of apps not downloading correctly I thought it may be just me with this issue. I always get an " unable to download at this time" error and its stuck on my home screen not doing anything....

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It seems to be an IOS problem, so say the app people! Anyway here is what WORKED,!!, YIPPEE ok, I deleted it from my apps, then I went to the App Store and tapped many times on both the upgrade and download tabs, then I went into Settings, iTunes and signed out and then back in again!
It worked!!! I am pretty sure it was the signing out and back in that did the trick! Oh, you have no idea how HAPPY I am! Thanks, everyone,squib.ca

Most reactions

Latest posts