What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 stuck in recovery mode

FairieFreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this iPad for almost two years and during the May/June software update my iPad went into recovery mode showing the iTunes/USB cable. After reviewing the issue online I downloaded current iTunes on my computer and restored it. Worked fine for a couple of hours but as soon as it was idle it went again into recovery mode. We did this everyday for weeks, recovering iPad, using it, then when idle shut down. Then I decided maybe if it never turned off it couldn't go into recovery mode which worked for about 3 weeks. Then while using it one day it shut down and went into recovery. I tried restore, I tried restoring in DFU to no avail. It goes through almost the complete process when I get a message - the iPad "iPad" could not be restored. an unknown error has occurred (9). Any ideas on what I might be able to do at this point or is it a hardware issue?

Thank you for any responses

Most reactions

Latest posts