What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone use cashforipad?

hane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used "Cashforipad" to sell their Ipad? I was wondering how reliable they were to honoring their quoted price on line compared to when they receive and inspect your ipad. Today they are quoting $335. Mine is perfect, 6 months old, kept in a case and used a screen protector always.

Thanks for you opinion

OP
H

hane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gazelle offers about $100 less these days, but thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LAMaverick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CashForIpads.com AKA CashforLaptops.com AKA CashforiPhones.com is a bait and switch company.

The offered $540 for my iPad WiFi/3G 64gb and UPS'd a box to send it to them. Then two weeks later sent me a revised offer of $170. No explanation of why the revised offer, despite the fact that the iPad is 3 months old, has no scratches, works perfectly.

They haven't returned any calls or emails, and I'm not sure I will ever get my iPad back because there is no way that I would ever be willing to take that little for my iPad.

In my gut I knew this was too good to be true. Should have listened to my gut.

Nickolas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cashforipads.com - cashforlaptops.com are really bad.
Someone says gazelle.com is more reliable? Both companies do the same thing: bait and switch
Check both on BBB. See how many people complaint. Both have over 100 complaints. That's a lot of angry/disappointed customers.
There are honest websites too. Do a little research and save yourself the hassle from gazelle.com and cashforlaptops.com

czwxyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was cheated by cashforlaptops.com: they offered me a high price, I send my phone to them, at last they send me a $10 check and took my phone away.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I encourage folks to use (currently not available for iOS) the crowdsourcing system - WOT (world of trust) to acquire the input of thousands to tens of thousands of the millions of WOT members who have had trouble with the 15 or more websites operated by the same "bait and switch" operation (look them up in whois). Many members have requested (your request to WOT is encouraged) an iOS compatible capability for WOT. Hope we see it soon.

Wdk535

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They're a bunch of pirates.
Had top-of-the-line iPad, $850. Had name engraved on back.
Called them, they said name no problem. $529 online appraisal.
Sent it in they said, Name on back, scratch on the screen, $120.
Had it in a griffin survivor case, no scratches.
Told them send it back. They should all be in prison.

Most reactions

Latest posts