What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Use Their iPad At The Office/Work?

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't take mine to work, since I'm still in college. But I do bring it to school with me everyday, and leave the MacBook plugged into my 23" monitor on my desk from now on. Now I convert my class powerpoint slides to pdf and use the goodreader app to add some notes to the slides as the Professors go over the slides. And the iPad is good to pass time in between class, AngryBirds HD, Netflix... Sometimes use those other apps in the boring classes too.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't given up the pen and paper yet. Because I haven't had the time to get used to the note taking apps before I start using them. Slowly I may be getting away from pen and paper but the main thing I want is more textbooks on the iPad. I'd rather have all my books on it instead of carrying them around all day. If that happens then I will need pen and paper to take notes as I won't be able to look at the book and use a not app.

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine to take notes in meetings and to quickly access items from dropbox etc while in meetings. I have the Zaggmate keyboard as a case and have used the Zagg leather skins to "decorate" as they protect. I put embossed leather on the back of the ipad and matching non-embossed on the bottom of the Zaggmate. It looks awesome, carry's well and i have a keyboard/stand option at all times. Fits nicely into my little briefcase/bag when I am traveling to meetings off site.

Sweet, that's exactly what I'm asking for on Father's Day :D

Working for a very large Corporation, I can't really use it at teh office for "official" business -- we actually have a policy against it. But I do manage to get a note or two in from it on occassion. I have been using a Windows based TABLET PC for years now and have been able to go completely paperless with two exceptions, travel itineraries because you may need it REALLY FAST some times, and Expense Reports, still need a papertrail for those.

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm starting to use it on my ambulance (I'm a Paramedic) using a variety of EMS reference apps and tools. More importantly, I have a commercially-made clear double-sealed case (it's really an all-weather pouch) specifically made for the iPad which I will keep it in to protect it from bodily fluids and the like.

I'm trying to develop an EMS patient care report form app that will be useful to EMS services and systems that are starting to adopt the iPad.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

goldenhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine at work daily. I work for IGG Software and use it for a variety of tech support & software testing issues. I do use my MacBook Pro daily as well, but the iPad is a very nice addition to the Apple-only office.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just finished my first week in a new job and the iPad has already become a usefull additonal tool for me. I can only see my use at work growing. (my co-workers seemed impressed with it too)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
I'm starting to use it on my ambulance (I'm a Paramedic) using a variety of EMS reference apps and tools. More importantly, I have a commercially-made clear double-sealed case (it's really an all-weather pouch) specifically made for the iPad which I will keep it in to protect it from bodily fluids and the like.

I'm trying to develop an EMS patient care report form app that will be useful to EMS services and systems that are starting to adopt the iPad.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wow! That app you are trying to develop sounds really cool and useful. Definitely don't give up on it and keep it going. As I haven't seen anything like that out there. You will be helping others and possibly able to rack in some serious $$$ once truly implemented within the EMS infrastructure. Keep up the great work, wish u luck on your project. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't live without mine at work. I use it for emails (people are always late for meetings so I can get through quite a few actions whilst waiting). It's a fantastic presentation tool, especially for training. I use Dropbox to share documents with colleagues so we have document control. I couldn't live without wunderlist which is the best todo list ever and sg project which connects to ms project (totally fantastic). I can ALS connect through citrix if kneed to access corporate systems on the fly. Not to mention good reader keeping all those huge reports I need to refer to all the time! I find that the iPad is so quick and easy to use that it makes me more efficient and I rarely forget to action items as I tend to do things immediately. Being a human resource nerd I did a time and motion study on myself using and iPad for one week and one week without. I found that I saved a minimum of 1 hour in wasted time by having the iPad with me each day...thats a significant saving in time

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As said above.Use to have a Netbook,but too bulky to carry around.Been using my ipad for only a little time,but so easy to view work related documents,appointments,etc.

Neil.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone brings their iPad along to the office instead of their laptop?

I use mine a lot for sending emails mostly, but I also make use of the Pages app to get the occasional note-to-self recorded, or to botch out some quick ideas for projects. Since I leave it on sleep, it's way more convenient than having to wait for my laptop to load up when you need to copy down what someone's saying in a meeting!

Anyone have any case recommendations for the professional situation? I'm considering pre-ordering this leather iPad 2 case. I'm always a little worried about whether a case will make the tablet look like a games console or more like a professional tool, so this seems perfect!

It seems like if you wanted to use the rear camera you would have to remove the iPad from the case.

jasonwestwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clinical iPad Use...

I'd be really interested to chat further about your progress with the use of the ipad in an EMS setting. I too am part of the emergency service and looking to use the ipad in this setting. Presently researching protective cases and use of Filemaker GO to create a record app. Get in touch.

callchris321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel a lot with work and take on average at least 2 flights per week so taking the ipad is much easier than carting the laptop around
it does have its limitations but thats as much about getting the right apps to use

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my ipad everyday at work!
I am a golftrainer and use it to analyse golfswings. I get the connection with the camera connection kit, and use in combination with a great golf app. I couldnt work eithout it anymore !

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine at work for hours every day. What is different is that my office is a taxicab and I am not the one using it. I put a hundred or so music videos on it and have it connected to external speakers so I give it to the passengers to play with.

It is impossible to know if I ever "break even" in terms of iPad2 costs as opposed to the size of the tips. And it may get dropped to the floor enough to break or it may simply get stolen by somebody who runs off with it. It is an experiment in cab driving unless my employer or the authorities tell me to knock it off. But I do not see that happening because the thing is behind me, not in my view distracting me.

I did get a 24 dollar tip for playing a marriage sort of song for a newlywed couple. And a bunch of five and ten dollar tips. I have been driving a cab for a few years and do not recall that happening all that often previously.

A taxicab is not an office but I do hold a lot of meetings. Every time a person or a group of people get in the taxicab it is a new meeting.

There are about 7000 cab drivers in Las Vegas, NV. And I am probably the only one who hands an iPad2 to a complete stranger just to see what song they select. So far, Empire State of Mind is in first and Bad Romance is second. And do not make fun of my taste in music. I just download whatever is popular from YouTube and convert it to iPad format using RealPlayer.

I picked up five nightclub enthusiasts complete with drinks in their hands and I gave it to one of them and they played some video. The one kid says "Hey! We're clubbing in the car!" Now that was funny. Maybe not seven hundred dollars worth of funny but if I were concerned with money I would get a real job. As it is, I have a real fun and easy job.

Most reactions

Latest posts