What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Use Their iPad At The Office/Work?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Running into a small issue .... My email works well on the offices wifi but applications like Bloomberg, Reuters etc don't. Assume our proxy server is not letting me go. Through the ports that the iPad utilizes for those applications.

Anyone has any suggestions ?

I use my iPad at work, but I do a lot of my own stuff on it, too, so I would never consider using my work connection to get online.

Don't know about your work, but generally employees are told that anything done online at work is fair game for companies to look at, etc., if they want. Not that they have resources to screen everything, but my privacy is worth more to me than what 3G costs.

I also avoid all public wi-fi, because I have no idea what kind of security they use and don't know who might have access. I do banking, stock trading, private email and online shopping on iPad, among other things. I don't want to risk my financial info, either.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup! I use it to browse the sites I don't want on the history of my work computer.

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I use my iPad at work, but I do a lot of my own stuff on it, too, so I would never consider using my work connection to get online.

Don't know about your work, but generally employees are told that anything done online at work is fair game for companies to look at, etc., if they want. Not that they have resources to screen everything, but my privacy is worth more to me than what 3G costs.

I also avoid all public wi-fi, because I have no idea what kind of security they use and don't know who might have access. I do banking, stock trading, private email and online shopping on iPad, among other things. I don't want to risk my financial info, either.

True, would not want them snooping... I picked up the MyWi modem / wifi device... Just need to get a 3G sim now.

LorneShapanski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine for work and it is fantastic. EVERY salesperson out there should have one. All my information and files are right here. I can sign up new accounts and fill out any forms using PDF expert. Love it!

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a on the road sales Consultant for a blinds company in Melbourne. I travel to Customers homes to sell our products and i used to carry a big brief case around with me that would hold all my folders and books that have prices and photos and pics of our blinds to show the Customers.
Well what I did is I put all those books and prices and pics on my iPad and I had to go out and buy a smaller bag for my iPad and just 2 quote books because I saved so much room in my brief case that it was too big for my iPad.
I use Quick office hd for excel to do my sales reports and iBooks to hold my photos and product information and I use PDF reader to hold all my sales reports and other work related stuff.
I also use it as my every day diary and have all my appointments go straight to the ipad calendar I can now check my emails and stuff online while on the road and I don't have to wait till I get to the office or get home to check it.
Our office IT department had set us up with Citrix on my laptop but they are too lazy to set it up on my iPad , but I thought I can use Citrix from home and my iPad at work, but I just love the iPad that I hardly ever use my laptop now days..

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my iPad at work. For music, videos, reading books... No, seriously, for lesson planning, meeting notes, showing students apps like Starwalk, GCSE revision guides etc...

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

ImeldaWu83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
Im new in this forum, my boss using ipad and all his files are inside the iPad. he use Goodreader and keynote and numbers to open his document. How we can saved all the document in iPad? why when i sync with his PC, i only can keep the apps but not the documents??? thank you.

AgentGreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have replaced about 75% of my laptop / netbook use with the purchase of my iPad2. Pages, Dropbox and QuickOffice have really helped the transition for me. The only thing I can't do that bugs me is manage parts of my website as some of the control panel needs Flash (grrr) and I develop Filemaker databases which need a Mac or PC. Otherwise I can only say its been revolutionary for me :)

Most reactions