What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Use Their iPad At The Office/Work?

iPad 2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone brings their iPad along to the office instead of their laptop?

I use mine a lot for sending emails mostly, but I also make use of the Pages app to get the occasional note-to-self recorded, or to botch out some quick ideas for projects. Since I leave it on sleep, it's way more convenient than having to wait for my laptop to load up when you need to copy down what someone's saying in a meeting!

Anyone have any case recommendations for the professional situation? I'm considering pre-ordering this leather iPad 2 case [shill link removed - DM51]. I'm always a little worried about whether a case will make the tablet look like a games console or more like a professional tool, so this seems perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. We use the iPad at work for tracking and invoicing. Two of my guys have iPads on the road and they both love it.

I use my personal iPad for taking down phone messages, notes etc. I even use the calculator.

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not yet. However, the girl I had a meeting with this morning whipped out her IPad and did a Keynote presentation and then got on line to discuss our comapny website and how we could improve it. We have alot of free wireless down on the River Walk in San Antonio.

It was nice.

Parker

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine to take notes in meetings and to quickly access items from dropbox etc while in meetings. I have the Zaggmate keyboard as a case and have used the Zagg leather skins to "decorate" as they protect. I put embossed leather on the back of the ipad and matching non-embossed on the bottom of the Zaggmate. It looks awesome, carry's well and i have a keyboard/stand option at all times. Fits nicely into my little briefcase/bag when I am traveling to meetings off site.

ptbing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my IPad at the office quite a bit. It's so easy to take to meetings, take notes, and call up documents. Since I have the original iPad, I use apps compatible with the VGA display mode: Note Taker, File Display, and Browser to show web sites. I find I can actually display out of my iPad much quicker than a laptop.

I now exclusively use my iPad for out of town business trips. It's just so much easier to carry and get out and working at a moment's notice. I easily keep up with all of my email, and can VPN into my work's internal intranet. I still have some problems with some of my company's intranet services, such as timekeeping, etc, due to flash and java issues. But I expect our IT department will soon be addressing those needs.

I use the Zaggmate as a case and a quick and easy keyboard.

I'm seeing a lot more people using their iPads at work. Take the plunge and give it a try. I hope you're pleasantly surprised.

sTechnical

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest advantage of using an iPad at work is that the device is portable and can be used anywhere. This applies to both the WiFi and 3G+WiFi models. The iPad is completely portable and there are dozens of accessories to help make computing power even more portable. You can get cases, keyboards and other devices to make your office work portable....
i like it using at work..
thanks........

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a customized Treegloo book-bound case in the office, which is about a good balance between being professional-serious yet understated-cool. There are at least three other iPad owners in my office, and we use it in meetings, taking notes, presentations, etc.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine at work, but mostly as as a reference tool and to take notes on. My work is bound by a desktop system that wouldn't allow for integration of actual work items. But I do use it to supplement what I do-just no official work documents are on there.

Itwasntme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Notes app at work daily. It's how I keep track of news to flowdown to my team.

I'll read books or magazines at lunch time (as time permits).

Landshark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I bring my iPad to the office everyday. I use it in meetings to take notes, bring up documents that are used in the meeting, access my email when I'm not at my desk and access my work desktop computer via LogMeIn.

I have basicly gone paperless with my iPad, i don't bring any paper or printouts to my meetings, just the iPad.

Right now there are about 5 others here with an iPad doing the samething, it works great in our office setting!

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take mine to meetings at my work. I pull up my corporate email. For some meetings we have Power Point presentations mailed to us ahead of time. They show the presentations on a screen at the meeting, but I can bring it up on my iPad and read all the really small writing and graphs. We usually have about three or four people who regularly use their iPads at meetings to read the emailed handouts as well as keep up with their email messages.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine at work quite a bit, but it is most useful in keeping me in touch on the road. A smart phone is too small for studying files like PDFs, but using a laptop is often awkward and no 3G. The only thing I have yet to find is the perfect carrying case for my needs.

Dvmpiper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine alot for anesthesia calculations and for reference material. We don't have WiFi, so don't get online to check anything.

mhayslip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have brought my iPad 2 to work since the Monday after I purchased it yet, that isn't why I purchased it initially. It has so much functionality in the work environment.

I've bought the 'Toodledo' app for to-do's and notes specific to anything (and you can e-mail tasks to other staff members on the fly from this app)..

I also have Mobile Me which let's me sync my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 with my desktop. Thus, my calendar, and contacts (among other things) is the same on all three devices. Within the iPad/iPhone calendar, you can also create additional, and different calendar overlays (which can be turned off or on at will) for things like birthdays, anniversaries, bills due, vacations, meetings, (or whatever you want) etc.

I have all my e-mail accounts setup on my iPad and iPhone so I get my messages instantly.

I'm sure I will find new work-related uses as I continue to use it. For now, however, I will be saving the receipts to deduct from my 2012 taxes.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad 2 through our corporate account with Apple. I justified it primarily for notetaking and quick access to documents in meetings. The few execs that have them literally delegate tasks during meeting and get answers to questions in real time. I had a netbook and was dying with how slow it was and the boot time.

There are logmein, dropbox, calculators and even basic spreadsheet options. These and it's road warrior capabilities are what pushed me over the edge. I'm hoping I can go completely paperless including the sign and return via pdf options I've seen.

Most reactions

Latest posts