What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone update to 3.2.1?? How is it?

groundzero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I know most of you aren't doing it due to killing spirit and all, but those of you that have how is it like? Does anything change like better wifi connection? Is video playback a lot smoother? what are the advantages in updating the firmware? Sorry I did a search but no answers. Thanks!

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not upgrading until 4.0 Too many people complained about bricking their iPad and I have no WiFi issue

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I think that most people actually keep their iPad factory original. I know jailbreaking has come a long way since I first tried it on my 1st generation iPod Touch, but it is still something for the more "technically inclined". And judging from some of the posts here, and absolutely no disrespect intended, it would appear that a large percentage of members here fall into the "technically challenged" category.

But back on topic...

I installed 3.2.1 the day it came out with no issues whatsoever. I do believe my WiFi speed is significantly faster and not just a placebo.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason iTunes wouldn't download 3.2.1 for me, got to the end and then said something about network errors, even though there wasn't any. I found it elsewhere and downloaded and installed it fine.. not sure what the benefits are I just like to be up to date :)
And ye, I'm not jailbreaking my iPad. I've jailbroke the iPod Touches I had from 1st generation, but not trying it on something which cost me £700. I jailbroke the iPods, especially the 1G ones because the software was very basic and the app store didn't even exist at the start.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also upgraded day one, definite better signal, though mine wasn't bad to begin with it's more stable now.
No issues with upgrade and my battery is performing better, maybe due to better signal. My first iPad was wifi only had fair signal, worse than this one, but great battery. This 3G had better signal, but worse battery life. The upgrade has evened that out.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My upgrade went very smoothly and my wifi is much improved.
I tried switching from wep to wap and that helped some, but 3.2.1 solved the problem.

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was jailbreaked and updated no problems works fine, also I do not notice anything different, but one day after updating I do miss the jailbreak

Greenrooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had issues with the update freezing up on iTunes. It was stuck in an endless loop and I couldn't get out of it. My plan was to bring it back to The Apple store the next morning. I was so pissed that I messed with it. Mine was fine the way it was. An error message came up every time I tried to update. Finally, I cleared the error screen and just left it connected. It finally updated after a long wait. I think I am having more issues now that I updated.

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken"

Gary

Last edited:

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad last week and one of the first things I did was update the OS. I was hoping that Apple put file folders in this version, since they already added it to the iPhone, but no such luck. I should have known better when I noticed that it wasn't 4.0. Looks like I'm going to have to wait a few months for that. :-(

I don't know what else was included in the update and I didn't have my iPad long enough to notice any differences after updating. But it went smoothly and I've had no problems with it.

I'm typing on it now with my keyboard dock. It's kind of like a mini-net book with a vertical screen. LOL. I kind of wish my iPad had a docking slot on the side, not just the bottom, so I could get it to work in landscape format, but oh well.

Dar

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts