What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Gets iOS 3.2.1 Software Update

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I doubt anti-virus software would be a problem. A very aggressive firewall maybe, but if you've ever synced your ipad before, it shouldn't be an issue.

BTW - I have always understood the term "bricked" to mean completely ruined to the point where you cannot restore a backup or boot at all. If you can restore from a backup, I wouldnt call that "bricked".

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When updated my wifes Wi-Fi,on her laptop the download froze after completing. Later I tried it again on my PC and I received a message stating DEVICE NOT RECONIZED so I unplugged and did a Reboot,plugged it in again and it was OK, the download on the laptop apparently took.

Al.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Problems here. Not sure I notice any WIFI difference as I was not having any issues to begin with.

gshine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did mine last night. It did hose my install, I had to restore from itunes and then restore my backup. Annoying, but at least I didn't brick it.

Ropes4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lit took me three tries but eventually the iPad updated and I haven't had an issue since. I am an apple fan boy, but they had better get some quality control in regards to the phones. I wouldnguess my issue with the update was an app, but who knows.

john

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a difference! No more annoying connection drops! Can't wait for the 4.0 if the 3.2.1 made such a big difference for me

doriswoodruff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband and I have had NO wifi problems either...anyone who doesnt believe in apple's commitment will when they do get the occasional problem hardware...we could tell you stories...any hardware can be problematic but it is the world class service and commitment to user experience that keeps us going....we recently got rid of all the XP laptops, servers etc(my husband spent 30 years in networking,database of I.T.) we have all imacs, 2 macbook pros, 2 ihpone 4, 1 3Gs (saved for my mom to use), and 2 ipads...believe me we know what we are paying for...take the ipdad in...they take care of everything no questions asked!!! They even took back and replaced an air extreme networking box we had problems with and had bought at Best Buy...didnt even ask for a receipt!!!

gorillaking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there, i accidentally update to 3.2.1 now...lost my jailbreak, would like to reverse back to 3.2...is that possible?

Lgchris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No probs here with the update.

Is it just me or does your iPad also run a lot faster over wifi?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the update I have found an overall performance increase not only wifi which has improved by more than 30% using my netgear n router but general performance also appears faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here's a strange one for you all.

1. I've never had any issues with Wifi or speed
2. I turned on iTunes on Friday, Sat and Sun and every time it says my iPad has the most up to date software!!

I've never updated the software on it so why isn't the update showing up for me? :confused:

Lgchris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the update I have found an overall performance increase not only wifi which has improved by more than 30% using my netgear n router but general performance also appears faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my router is also a net gear, it's really fast now, about equal to my home computer.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
here's a strange one for you all.

1. I've never had any issues with Wifi or speed
2. I turned on iTunes on Friday, Sat and Sun and every time it says my iPad has the most up to date software!!

I've never updated the software on it so why isn't the update showing up for me? :confused:

Click the check for updates button....

Most reactions

Latest posts