What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Firmware 3.2.2 - What's Different? (Review)

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
iPad Firmware 3.2.2 - What's Different? (Jailbreak with Review)

Hello Forum!

10 days ago Apple created the New iOS 3.2.2 Firmware Update for iPad. These days with the iPad 64GB + 3G I have tested some things.

What's New?
-The 3G Connection is better and quicker than last versions (3.2.1 & 3.2)
-I can connect mi iPad with the WiFi router in some areas that I tried before and No Signal, now I have internet in those areas at home.

What's Wrong with this Firmware?
-The most disputed thing is that you will lose your Jailbreak for iPad. It means that Cydia will disappear.

What's the solution if I Update to 3.2.2 and then I want to Jailbreak?
-Be patient, and wait for a new Jailbreak Tool (Spirit) or a Jailbreak Website (JailbreakMe)
-Downgrade the Firmware of your iPad to 3.2.1 and then Jailbreak the iPad with JailbreakMe. Only users that saved the SHSHs files with the Cydia server in the Firmware 3.2.1 Version can downgrade the 3.2.2 to 3.2.1 or 3.2

What is SHSHs Files in Non-Scientific Words?
-Is the permission to install a particular Firmware, if you don't have this. You will install the newest firmware available.
-If you saved your last SHSHs files (3.2.1 or 3.2) on Cydia servers, you can trick iTunes into thinking you have permissions from Apple Inc. to Install those firmwares. Otherwise you will get iTunes erros.

Do I recommend this Firmware?
-If you're having Internet Connection problems (3G or WiFI) : Yes
-If you don't want to lose your Jalbreak : No
-You can save your SHSHs files on Cydia server if you have 3.2.1 or 3.2 Firmware and then Update, if you don't like the 3.2.2 Firmware, you can downgrade the Firmware to the last Firmware Version you had.

NOTE: TRY THE 3.2.2 ONLY IF YOU HAVE SAVED THE SHSHs FILES. If you don't save these files and update the firmware to 3.2.2 you won't be able to downgrade the Firmware.

Right now, I'm happy with this version (3.2.2) and I'm just waiting for a new Jailbreak for this Firmware. Comex, Geohot, or other hackers will create a new Jailbreak soon!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts