What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody getting iPad Temperature Warning yet?

HmonGrL123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, i figured that part out. what i couldn't and haven't figured out is its constantly on now. i would have to force it to shut down and would have to wait hours for it to cool down to boot up normally. and evem still, it'll probably be on for, i say, 5 minutes before the temperature error pops up again.
i know it's hardware but i don't know which part. i know its not water damaged so I'm clueless
The only way to fix the problem is to let the iPad cool down before using it again. This high temperature warning and shut down is designed to protect your iPad from the dangers of using it while too hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, i figured that part out. what i couldn't and haven't figured out is its constantly on now. i would have to force it to shut down and would have to wait hours for it to cool down to boot up normally. and evem still, it'll probably be on for, i say, 5 minutes before the temperature error pops up again.
i know it's hardware but i don't know which part. i know its not water damaged so I'm clueless
It would take a full diagnostic to pinpoint exactly what's causing the high temperature alarm. Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take in your iPad for a Genius Bar appointment? The appointments are free. Backup your iPad before going in case it's erased during testing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It would take a full diagnostic to pinpoint exactly what's causing the high temperature alarm. Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take in your iPad for a Genius Bar appointment? The appointments are free. Backup your iPad before going in case it's erased during testing.

Well, this thread has been around since 2010 and activated recently for the third time - this Apple KB Article addresses the temperature issue stating that the normal operating temperature range should be 32º F to 95º F; of course, if the sun is shining on the device, especially in a close space (such as a car), the internal temperature could quickly exceed that upper limit.

Quoted below (from the link) are just some of the situations that may cause elevated iDevice temperatures and prompt the warning signs to appear. Since 2011, wife and I have owned 4 iPads and one iPhone and have never seen these warnings, so I suspect that their appearance is uncommon, and agree w/ SciFan.. that if your device is getting these warnings often, particularly if the events below do not apply, then a visit to an Apple store or an authorized Apple service center is recommended. Dave :)

Here are some of the higher ambient-temperature conditions and activities that might cause the device to change performance and behavior:
  • Leaving the device in a car on a hot day.
  • Leaving the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
  • Using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for an extended period of time, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, or playing a graphics-intensive game.

Most reactions