What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody getting iPad Temperature Warning yet?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems here, seems like that would be an environmental thing like what was described above... Mine has not gotten remotely warm and I've used it all night last nite and all day today. At 38%. This thing just won't die!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you read the post the poster says that they were outside reading this at my desk -- now it might be possible that the heat of the sun on the aluminum back of the iPad caused some heat to build up. It's also possible that this was in a case with no ventilation. Time will tell - but I would think that if there were heat issues we would have heard by now.

Onfloat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it today

Well, I got the message today. Sitting at the beach trying to read in the sun, temp is about 80. I have on a plastic iluv case. I hadn't been on the beach more than 10 minutes before it happened.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I got the message today. Sitting at the beach trying to read in the sun, temp is about 80. I have on a plastic iluv case. I hadn't been on the beach more than 10 minutes before it happened.

Welcome Onfloat. Ah crap. Vacation time is coming up and I get bored on the beach.

Guess I'll need an umbrella.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to see that warning, quite regularly on the first and second unit. I'm on my third replacement and haven't seen it come up yet. I'm starting to wonder if they turned the warning off on the last because they got sic of me complaining.

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened to me the other day in the car. My iPad was in the passenger seat and sunlight on it triggered the warning in about ten minutes. I guess the unit really absorbs a lot of heat.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been many stories of ipads overheating outside in direct sunlight. I've used mine probably ten hours a day and never felt it even get warm, but I've never used it outdoors. I'm one of those people who has never understood the appeal of sun and heat! I much prefer my air conditioned indoors :)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It happened to me 10 minutes ago. I was sitting under glass in my sunny garden and got the warning, as shown in the original post. The iPad case felt very hot. It's cooling now, which is why I'm able to write this post.

I guess I should use my iPad in the shade. It will not be of any use as an e-reader on a sunny beach! ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I note this is an old thread, but worth reviving to warn members about iPad overheating issues.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had 2 iPad 2's , and now 3 iPad 3's . No overheating issues ( at least without the on screen temp warning).

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had 2 iPad 2's , and now 3 iPad 3's . No overheating issues ( at least without the on screen temp warning).

It will be interesting to see what happens to our friends in Arizona and California during the extreme temperature conditions.

Lets Joe we get reports of good/bad news.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We can leave it open as even though it is 3 years old lol. But that is ok. iPads are not designed to work in open sunny areas... No different to any pc or mac.... Ereaders do better depending on make.

HmonGrL123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw a complaint about it here: ellkro | TweetPhoto

Just wondering if anyone has seen it on theirs yet?

ipad_temperature_warning.jpg
i do. did you ever figured how to fix it

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i do. did you ever figured how to fix it
The only way to fix the problem is to let the iPad cool down before using it again. This high temperature warning and shut down is designed to protect your iPad from the dangers of using it while too hot.

Last edited:

Most reactions