What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your single most favourite feature of the iPad?

What is your single most favourite iPad feature?

• "Instant on/off" button

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Doesn't weigh a ton

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • 10' screen form factor

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • Endless battery life

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Easy built-in apps, e.g. Mail, Maps, etc

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Extensibility - many apps for different things

Votes: 41 28.3%
  • Something else (will describe below)

Votes: 18 12.4%

• Total voters

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's many things which we love about the iPad, but what is the one thing you like most about the device?

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish i could have said 'all of the above' but I guess it just comes down to is that it is the first device that allows me to do truly mobile "couch computing."

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to say - exactly what NumbLock said! This device is my "couch surfing machine" and I love it for that. I used to use an ASUS netbook and, while it was great, it was heavy and was rather warm to keep on my lap.

It's not a onsey or twosey pick of some features that make the iPad awesome to me - it IS "all of the above."

Couch surfers unite! :D

Marilyn

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I chose other because my favorite dealee-oh is that I have all my books in one place. And I have got some books!

I love the much maligned genre of science fiction, and where I live there is little to no following. Latinos don't do sci-fi. We have Borders in Puerto Rico. It's not all grass huts and beach shacks. :) But even at the Borders, the sci-fi rack is paltry and abandoned. My iPad gives me access to an entire universe (pun intended) of science fiction.

My cup runneth over.

I am spoiled for choice.

The Apple gods have looked down upon their little earthly child, taken pity, and sent him a shiny gift, cunningly crafted from within the halls of Olympus.

Yes. All that. ;)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's freedom. Not being tied to a desk or table so you can slouch or sag wherever you are and just go online.
(Currently stretched out on the sofa with my feet up and a glass nearby).
"couch surfer"......... I like. Perhaps a motto for the forums.

desirous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its portability.
Probably a combination of its weight and its size ... "couch surfing" (web, podcasts, online magazines, email) and "couch reading" (ebooks/iBooks). for these purposes it's brilliant (if I can bring myself to momentarily ignore lack of flas).

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hard to decide between screen size and battery life but I chose battery life. Those cheap imitations can come in a 10" screen as well but I chose the iPad for the build quality.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The perfect complemennt to the iPhone....plenty of screen real-estate and doesn't weigh a ton.....

Most reactions

Latest posts