What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What accessory do you think you will need

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
So, same plug as the Iphone?

Yup...same plug as the iPhone and same ac adapter as.....well any device made in the past year.

Does anyone know if it will use the same voltages? I expect it will be backwards compatible with the iPhone charger but it wont charge as quickly as, say, a MacBook charger.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, same plug as the Iphone?

Yup...same plug as the iPhone and same ac adapter as.....well any device made in the past year.

Does anyone know if it will use the same voltages? I expect it will be backwards compatible with the iPhone charger but it wont charge as quickly as, say, a MacBook charger.

It is a standard USB wall adapter....it is a much bigger battery capacity than the iPhone (which takes about 35 mins to charge from dead) so I would figure about an hour.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still looking for a way to keep the iPad from crashing to the ground. There doesn't seem to be any opening to lodge a lanyard...

After 3 years with my Sony prs500 ebook reader I can't say how many times my device has been saved by the STANDARD issue lanyard. I'm a klutz and actually bedridden with a triple fracture on my right ankle.
I NEED A WAY TO SECURE MY IPAD!!!
That should be the first or second item I get.

BTW You know the way a 30 pin connector locks in its bay? Would it be possible to make a dud plug on-a-string that would support the iPad without damage to the port?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ill probably buy the game controller that goes with it. Looks good, and looks fun.:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still looking for a way to keep the iPad from crashing to the ground. There doesn't seem to be any opening to lodge a lanyard...

After 3 years with my Sony prs500 ebook reader I can't say how many times my device has been saved by the STANDARD issue lanyard. I'm a klutz and actually bedridden with a triple fracture on my right ankle.

BTW You know the way a 30 pin connector locks in its bay? Would it be possible to make a dud plug on-a-string that would support the iPad without damage to the port?

That sounds risky...seems like a case that seals it in with a clasp on one side would be the better non-destructive method.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That sounds risky...seems like a case that seals it in with a clasp on one side would be the better non-destructive method.
That's a good idea but I might find it a little bulky for home use especially for reading in bed...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's a good idea but I might find it a little bulky for home use especially for reading in bed...

My concern would be that the connector is its ONLY input method! Break that and the whole unit is pretty worthless..since you wouldn't be able to sync or even charge it.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did Apple remove the camera connection kit from their site? I keep checking as I really need to order one.

OP
I

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad charging time

The voltage is the same, but for have fast charging time you need to use the dedicated iPad charger, otherwise the charging time will be almost double, don't ask me from where i have this infos , i can just told you this is 100% sure

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered the 64GB 3G ipad with the case and a stand. Oh and I also spoke to squaretrade and preordered the insurance for $135.99 for 3 years. All in all a good day. ;)

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you get 3rd party insurance when applecare is $99 and is covered in store...they will replace it for you right there.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you get 3rd party insurance when applecare is $99 and is covered in store...they will replace it for you right there.

Well the squaretrade insurance covers accidental which AppleCare doesn't. That's a big deal for me with a 3 and 1 1/2 yr olds in the house.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the iPad case, some Motorokr bluetooth headphones and am on the fence but thinking about ordering the apple bluetooth keyboard.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well the squaretrade insurance covers accidental which AppleCare doesn't. That's a big deal for me with a 3 and 1 1/2 yr olds in the house.

Gotcha...no kids..and im really careful with my devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts