What accessory do you think you will need

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by IpadOne, Feb 18, 2010.

1. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Yup...same plug as the iPhone and same ac adapter as.....well any device made in the past year.

2. cimousa

cimousa
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know if it will use the same voltages? I expect it will be backwards compatible with the iPhone charger but it wont charge as quickly as, say, a MacBook charger.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    It is a standard USB wall adapter....it is a much bigger battery capacity than the iPhone (which takes about 35 mins to charge from dead) so I would figure about an hour.

4. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Still looking for a way to keep the iPad from crashing to the ground. There doesn't seem to be any opening to lodge a lanyard...

After 3 years with my Sony prs500 ebook reader I can't say how many times my device has been saved by the STANDARD issue lanyard. I'm a klutz and actually bedridden with a triple fracture on my right ankle.
    I NEED A WAY TO SECURE MY IPAD!!!
    That should be the first or second item I get.

BTW You know the way a 30 pin connector locks in its bay? Would it be possible to make a dud plug on-a-string that would support the iPad without damage to the port?

5. DG~X

DG~X
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ill probably buy the game controller that goes with it. Looks good, and looks fun.:D

6. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    That sounds risky...seems like a case that seals it in with a clasp on one side would be the better non-destructive method.

7. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    That's a good idea but I might find it a little bulky for home use especially for reading in bed...

8. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    My concern would be that the connector is its ONLY input method! Break that and the whole unit is pretty worthless..since you wouldn't be able to sync or even charge it.

9. Gayle

Gayle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Did Apple remove the camera connection kit from their site? I keep checking as I really need to order one.

10. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iPad charging time

The voltage is the same, but for have fast charging time you need to use the dedicated iPad charger, otherwise the charging time will be almost double, don't ask me from where i have this infos , i can just told you this is 100% sure